“An Intimate Night of Flamenco”

Casa Patas, Flamenco en Vivo
Ranked #5 of 914 Nightlife in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: The reigning Queen of Flamenco, Sara Baras, holds court at this fun flamenco bar.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“An Intimate Night of Flamenco”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Though Madrid is not the capital of Flamenco, Casa Patas definitely helped us experience this must see of Spain. We were able to get tickets the day of the show which was very nice. The admission includes a beverage to enjoy with the show, but you can also get small tapas and more drinks as you like.

The show was very passionate and heartfelt, which was only magnified by the fact that the performance room only holds up to around 100 people seated at various styles of tables. The singers have such a unique sound that you will not forget, punctuated by the dancers’ feet striking the stage while they carry out their performance. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip ... an absolute must!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Took my parents to Casa Patas for show. First time any of us had seen live flamenco ... and we left speechless and awestruck.

Maybe it was because I made reservations weeks in advance before we even left for Europe, but were seated in our reserved table right in the front row.

From the moment the first dancer appeared, we were completely captivated by the emotion and passion. Everyone - the three dancers, two singers and two musicians (guitar and violin) was amazing.

Yes, like others have mentioned, the slight downside of being front row is that when some of the dancers (especially the man) got sweaty, we probably were sprinkled with sweat. But I had already downed my sangria (you get one drink included in the price) and so didn't mind too much. Besides, we got unobstructed views of all the performers, especially the footwork of the dancers.

It may seem pricey but it is SO worth it. This is one thing I know my parents will never forget.

1 Thank Flaul
Chester, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I'm not normally a fan of dancing/cabaret/tradional country music etc., and I'm well aware of this type of entertainment being just for tourists. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
It was dancing and singing with passion. Do go, it seems expensive but it's an unique experience.
ps You cannot just turn up, you must book in advance.

1 Thank droenna
New Zealand
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A must for Madrid!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

A complete performance from all who took the stage. From the guitarist, singers and both male and female dancers the show was saturated with skill, pizazz and passion from a very talented team of performers. Admission to the show included and drink but make a reservation as some guests had to be turned away.

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An astonishing performance”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This was our first attendance at a flamenco show and we were spellbound from start to finish,
Everyone - dancers, musicians and singers - gave an exuberant, heartfelt performance. We would see this show again tomorrow if we could, and it's definitely top of the list for our next visit to Madrid.