The Westin Palace Madrid
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Villa Real(Madrid)
  • Room Service
4,403 results
All reviewsheavenly bedstained glass domeopera brunchprado museumneptune fountainconcierge staffclassic hotelbusiness centerbreakfast buffetthyssen bornemiszawithin walking distanceperfect locationexecutive roomtapasreina sofiafive star hotelmajor museums
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Wow! This is a fabulous hotel! Reception staff were very friendly, polite & helpful. It was much appreciated that they were able to speak a good amount of English.

Our room was on the 6th floor looking onto the inner courtyard of the hotel & was of a great size. The bathroom was also spacious. Everything was clean, in working order & on the luxurious side. Furniture, decor etc was clearly of a high quality. We were concerned about noise, but needn't have been as it was very quiet, peaceful & relaxing.

The location of the hotel is superb, fabulously close to everything.

It was a shame that the wifi was 16 euros a day or 7 euros for an hour...rather expensive to say the least!! Needless to say I didn't use it. On the couple of occasions I wanted to check something on the Internet I just had a drink at Starbucks which is a minute away around the corner. Much cheaper & very tasty coffee!!

We didn't eat in the hotel or have room service, as the prices were, in our opinion, particularly expensive. 37 euros for breakfast just didn't seem justified for us.

Only tiny issues I could think of, though they're not at all major, is that the pillows were extremely soft & the bed felt a little small. I would also have quite liked tea & coffee making facilities in the room. It is also rather annoying that people/guests think it appropriate to stand on the front steps of the hotel smoking. One would expect polite & somewhat basic manners to be the norm, i.e simply standing to the side & not be so rude!

These are quite minor points however & I've had to rack my brains to think of a negative! They didn't take away from our stay & we still had a fantastic time at The Westin Palace.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Excellent location for museums and restaurants. Lovely beds, fair but expensive breakfast. Free business center web connection and free spa usage. Overall a fine choice, better location than the Ritz.

Room Tip: Stay away from main road, noisy
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed here in early March for several nights. I had used the SPG points and cash option to give me a nightly rate of $60. When I checked in, the lady at the front desk said, "We are upgrading you at no charge." I couldn't believe it. You can imagine my dismay when I went to the room and smelled cigarette smoke. Someone had definitely smoked in that room. I went back downstairs and the woman gave me an equally nice room on the same floor. She apologized profusely. I still couldn't believe I was getting a super nice room. The staff is lovely, especially the staff on the SPG floor where I stayed. I couldn't justify spending money on the expensive breakfast so I missed out on that. (I stayed here two years ago and splurged on the breakfast once back then.) The hotel is near everything I wanted to see: Prado, Queen Sofia and Thyssen. Plus it's a quick walk to Sol and almost anything else you want to see in Madrid. The restaurants on the street where the guest entrance to the hotel is are great for the most part. I will stay at this hotel again without a doubt and I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: The SPG floor was great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2012

You can't beat this hotel's location. A short walk to all the interesting points in Old Madrid, including the Prado.
The hotel itself is old fashioned grandeur, done best in five star hotels in European cities. The lobby area is surprisingly small, but the staff are courteous and helpful. We did not eat here (I thought €75 per person for Sunday brunch was a little steep) but we did drink in the bar. Again, prices are not cheap, though the staff were helpful and attentive.
The room itself was well appointed, although small. Our room overlooked the Thyssen-Bornernisza museum, but we did not find it too noisy, even on Saturday evening.
I would not hestitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I am a long-time SPG member with a vast track record of staying at many Westin's worldwide. This specific reservation I booked thru Priceline as it was a last minute trip I managed to procure at a price much cheaper than the SPG sight was offering. Upon arrival they did not allow me any of the perks I would have received as a Platinum member and they must have given me the smallest room in the hotel, treatment I have never been shown at any other Westin or SPG hotel in my life. In general the treatment I was shown throughout my stay was not at all up to par for a Westin by any means. There were others being shown the red carpet but the minute the girl saw that my reservation was thru Priceline it was as if I was a second class citizen. Strangely, when I pulled out an American Express Centurion card to pay my bill when we were leaving the girl checking us out suddenly became really sweet and started to ask me ever so politely if i enjoyed my stay and if it was my first time at the hotel. I ignored her question, took my purse and promptly left with my carry on. I rather stay at the Mirasierra where they treat you like you are the only one in the hotel, even if I am not in the city center.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeoraNYC
westinpalacemadrid, General Manager at The Westin Palace Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Tripadvisor
Thank you for your review.
It is correct that no Starwood Preferred Guest level is eligible for any in-hotel benefits at any SPG hotel when booking a Starpoint ineligible rate but the Guest experience needs to be the same
All our standard rooms are of the same size and I apologize for not having met your expectations . I can assure you that we make no difference depending on the rate paid
Best regards