“A very comfortable, traditional hotel in a good location.”

The Westin Palace Madrid
Ranked #50 of 443 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great location for museums and a short walk to the central shopping area. Clean and comfortable with great food. A bit pricey for a holiday hotel but an excellent choice for business.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,342)

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in March to celebrate our wedding anniversary. On checking in we asked for a room with a front view and we were duly obliged. The bedroom was a decent size but the best thing of the room was the view to the front and amazing beds. For $4000 you can buy the full bed and bedding!
Breakfast was a treat in an amazing room with huge coppula . Everything you could want to eat they had .
The hotel is so central , literally minutes from Prado Museum , shopping , parks , squares . All very easily walkable from the hotel. Concierge were helpful and organised a cycle tour through the local tourist information centre in Plaza Mayor.
Only down side was drink costs and snacks in bar . We paid about €80 euros for 2 sandwiches and a few drinks , seemed over the top.All in all though I would recommend this hotel to anyone staing in Madrid who is looking for a 5 star hotel.
If going back I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view overlooking the front square. There also was a jazz band busking at the weekend so we...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This palace just celebrated its 100th year... and it's still grand and elegant and clean and new and very, very nice. The restaurant under the huge, ornate glass rotunda is an incredibly lovely setting... an incredible place to start the day with an impressive breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2012

For SPG members this property seems to always have at least a Jr suite upgrade available. The bathrooms are updated and the furniture is in good condition. Typical Westin bed set up

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Wow! This is a fabulous hotel! Reception staff were very friendly, polite & helpful. It was much appreciated that they were able to speak a good amount of English.

Our room was on the 6th floor looking onto the inner courtyard of the hotel & was of a great size. The bathroom was also spacious. Everything was clean, in working order & on the luxurious side. Furniture, decor etc was clearly of a high quality. We were concerned about noise, but needn't have been as it was very quiet, peaceful & relaxing.

The location of the hotel is superb, fabulously close to everything.

It was a shame that the wifi was 16 euros a day or 7 euros for an hour...rather expensive to say the least!! Needless to say I didn't use it. On the couple of occasions I wanted to check something on the Internet I just had a drink at Starbucks which is a minute away around the corner. Much cheaper & very tasty coffee!!

We didn't eat in the hotel or have room service, as the prices were, in our opinion, particularly expensive. 37 euros for breakfast just didn't seem justified for us.

Only tiny issues I could think of, though they're not at all major, is that the pillows were extremely soft & the bed felt a little small. I would also have quite liked tea & coffee making facilities in the room. It is also rather annoying that people/guests think it appropriate to stand on the front steps of the hotel smoking. One would expect polite & somewhat basic manners to be the norm, i.e simply standing to the side & not be so rude!

These are quite minor points however & I've had to rack my brains to think of a negative! They didn't take away from our stay & we still had a fantastic time at The Westin Palace.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Excellent location for museums and restaurants. Lovely beds, fair but expensive breakfast. Free business center web connection and free spa usage. Overall a fine choice, better location than the Ritz.

Room Tip: Stay away from main road, noisy
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed here in early March for several nights. I had used the SPG points and cash option to give me a nightly rate of $60. When I checked in, the lady at the front desk said, "We are upgrading you at no charge." I couldn't believe it. You can imagine my dismay when I went to the room and smelled cigarette smoke. Someone had definitely smoked in that room. I went back downstairs and the woman gave me an equally nice room on the same floor. She apologized profusely. I still couldn't believe I was getting a super nice room. The staff is lovely, especially the staff on the SPG floor where I stayed. I couldn't justify spending money on the expensive breakfast so I missed out on that. (I stayed here two years ago and splurged on the breakfast once back then.) The hotel is near everything I wanted to see: Prado, Queen Sofia and Thyssen. Plus it's a quick walk to Sol and almost anything else you want to see in Madrid. The restaurants on the street where the guest entrance to the hotel is are great for the most part. I will stay at this hotel again without a doubt and I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: The SPG floor was great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo