“Perfect Hotel”

Ranked #37 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Los Angeles, CA
“Perfect Hotel”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here and we were so happy with our stay. The location is ideal, very close and within walkable distance to all the sites in Madrid. The hotel is absolutley beautiful, and the rooms are emmaculate, clean, and big. Oh, and the bed was heavenly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aquacrystl
Paloma H, Manager at The Westin Palace Madrid, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Tripadvisor,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this nice review!
We are happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel location as well as the room and the heavenly bed!
Looking forward to welcome you again in a near future!
Paloma H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Spent 3 nights here and chose for the location. It's a beautiful, Old World Hotel with the typical Westin touches. This worked well in some respects vs others, but overall it was nice. My detailed assessment below:

STRENGTHS
- Service - level of service was amazing. Definitely what you expect from a 5 Star hotel. From the moment you arrive, everyone is ready to open the door, take your bags, see if you need assistance. My first night, I arrived very late and tried to see if I could get something from the sushi restaurant. The manager said the kitchen was closed but he offered to make me a cheese plate. It was delicious and the bartender even made me a custom cocktail!
- Location - you are walking distance to pretty much all of the major museums and attractions. The area surrounding is absolutely gorgeous.
- In Room Services - The cleaning service came promptly and it seemed as soon as I took down the "Do Not DIsturb," sigh, which is always nice. Ordered room service and it was extremely prompt and they were helpful.
- Room Sizes - My room was quite large. It was just me but appreciated not being in a typical box!

WEAKNESSES
- Cleanliness - I really did not feel like my room was clean enough. The carpet was dirty and the drapes smelled funky like BO. The rooms are meant to look old, which is OK. But they need to clean the drapes and shampoo the carpets more often.
- Breakfast Buffet - THe service as usual was great however I did not feel that the food was fresh enough. THe fruit was quite wilted and the croissants were a bit stale. Also, the omlette chef (which is a very nice touch) actually blew his nose with his gloved hands. I did not see him wash his hands or put on new gloves either. Very gross.

Wasn't as clean of an environment as I prefer, but the services was absolutely on a 5 star level.

Room Tip: Starwood Preferred floors appear to be larger. So upgrade if you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank GetawayNYCGirl
Paloma H, Manager at The Westin Palace Madrid, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Tripadvisor,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your detail review!
We are so happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations with the service provided by our teams and you liked and enjoyed the hotel location and the spacious room.
I take good note of your feedback about our weaknesses to work on it and improve.
Hope we have the possibility to welcome you again in a near future,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

There are so many great things I can say about this hotel but the first word that springs to mind is superb. It is class from top to bottom. My husband and I stayed here for three nights and celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary here. We were given an upgrade to a room (suite really) that overlooked the fountain as a gift from the hotel as it was our special time. We were also left a beautiful bottle of french champagne to help us celebrate which was very much appreciated - yummy!

The rooms are gorgeous and the hotel is in a great position close to the Prado. We travelled on this trip for 7 weeks and this was by far the nicest hotel and best room we stayed in the entire time. The bed was luxurious and the room was impeccably clean.

I loved the opera in the domed lounge on the ground floor that takes place every Sunday. Such class is not seen in too many hotels.

It goes without saying that the service was exceptional. Great job Westin Palace! We will never forget our 30th wedding anniversary staying here.

Room Tip: If you can get a room overlooking the fountain you will be rewarded with excellent lights at night t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor,
Thank you so much for your great review!
All the Westin Palace, Madrid Team are happy to read that your stay was unforgettable!
Hope to welcome you again before your 40th wedding anniversary!!
Best regard,
Orlando, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A+ for this establishment. Very friendly staff, well trained, spotless rooms, very comfortable beds with nice bathrooms.The buffet breakfast was amazing. We will definitely come back here on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Paloma H, Manager at The Westin Palace Madrid, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Tripadvisor,
Thank you so much for qualifiying our hotel as "one of the best"
It will be a pleasure for all the Westin Palace, Madrid team to welcome back in a near future,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at the Westin Palace on SPG points plus cash and found it to be a great value. First, the hotel's location is perfect -- just across the street from the Prado and Thyssien Museums and near the tapas districts. We walked everywhere for 3 days and did not even need the subway. Second, the staff is warm and accommodating to American/English tourists. Everyone spoke English well and made you feel welcome. The rooms were among the nicest we stayed in during our Europe trip -- nicer than two long stays at more acclaimed and expensive SPG Luxury Collection Hotels -- Park Tower in Knightsbridge London and Pulitzer in Amsterdam. Concierges emailed us before arrival asking what they could do in advance for our trip -- something no other hotels including the exclusive Park Hyatt in Paris did. The room itself was quite large, very comfortable beds and great bathroom. A separate shower would have been preferable, but the tub shower was large enough with a circular curtain that added space and two heads with good pressure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tripadvisor,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review about your stay with us!
Looking forward to welcome you again in a near future,
snowlover18
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here again for one night on June 2 and the WEstina Palace doesn't dissapoint! I arrived at 9am and they accomodated my request to check in which was great. The concierge team is again fabulous and helped me with local events and a map of jogging trails in a nearby park. The location is unbeatable and the staff is friendly. Room is confiortable and closets are large. Safe works excellently as does eveything in the bathroom. Bed is of ocurse heavenly! The only downside is that the elevator does not go all the way down to the bottom floor, there are a few stairs to brave event if you think you went all the way fown. this is not a problem until you depart with your heavy bags but you do have the option of calling for a bellman. I dont think I will stay anywhere else when in Madrid for the rest of my life!

Room Tip: Choose a room close to elevators as the hallways are very confusing.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tripadvisor,
Thank you so much for giving us the possibility to welcome you again!. It's great for us to know that you enjoyed during both stays and we were able to exceed your expectations.
Looking forward to see you in a near future!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was my favorite place where I stayed during my Portugal/Spain vacation. It's got a great location and there's a Starbucks just around the corner. The check in was slow and our "upgraded" room was not yet ready when we checked in after 4pm so we took the regular room because we were tired and didn't want to wait. ( At least they offered us a free drink at the bar).
Nonetheless, our room was fine, and the hotel service was great. The bar is nice and one night we had dinner at the bar which was really pricey for what you get but it was really good.
It's a big hotel and the lobby is always crowded and it is very touristy, but this was ok with me. The concierge was also excellent and gave us a great restaurant recommendation as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Paloma H, Manager at The Westin Palace Madrid, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Tripadvisor,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review about your last stay with us.
We were happy to read that you enjoyed your visit and the staff gave you the service expected.
Looking forward to welcome you in a near future.