“Bella!”

Ranked #36 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Miami Beach, Florida
“Bella!”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This hotel was a beautiful hotel and intro to Spain. The actual key to your room and a new treat everyday in your room is a nice touch. The tub is a mile long and the one door in and out can be a pain, but very common in Europe. It was beautiful and is close to everything. It is right next door to everything and the concierge set up all of our wishes to a tee!

Wonderful!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FabCL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We really enjoyed the Hotel Ritz. The location is great with the Prado right across the street, the Nautical Museum and Thyssen within easy walking distance. The service was excellent, the hotel people very helpful and accomodating. Fun selection of DVDs that you can borrow. Free Internet throughout the hotel (which other hotels we stayed at did not offer). The garden restaurant was fun to have a snack or drink (prices are high however, as with most 5 star hotels). We had breakfast included, which was a nice buffet with good choices. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Frank M
Long Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The Hotel Ritz was a great place to stay! Walking distance to many neighborhoods. Great food and service. Our room was lovely, very clean and great size.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nnrntravels
houston
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed in the Hotel Ritz for 3 nights in June. The hotel is beautiful. The service was very good and the rooms were pretty. The beds were fine....not great, but fine. We had two rooms for our family. Our two daughters had a lovely, large room with a king bed but my husband and I had a very small room. They upgraded us without charge.
Our rooms overlooked the Prado and we spent several days visiting the museum.
I am hesitant to say this, but we suspected that there may have been bed bugs in our rooms. Both my husband (in our room) and my daughter (in another room) came away from our stay with a series of bites along their legs. My daughters were somewhat in a line (consistent with bed bugs) and they were small. My husbands were more spread out on his lower legs. I had a few bites on my arms and my other daughter had just a couple on her legs. It did not occur to us until later that bedbugs could be the source, so we didn't check the mattresses. So....I am just putting this out there. It might be something to take a look for.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank calaway354
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The hotel staff is very friendly and kind. Located in Bourbon Madrid, the hotel is minutes from wonderful restaurants, shops, and parks, such as the El Retiro, and other historical sites. It is about a ten minute walk to the Plaza Mayor and a five minute walk to La Plaza de Santa Anna, however, with nice clean streets and a great location, the walk is perfectly fine, and gives one a perfect view of the city. Though a little pricey, this hotel is well worth the cost.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Virginia
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My first time in Madrid, and on a business trip. This hotel is the most beautiful and gracious place I have ever been to, and I have over the years stayed at a number of nice places around the world..this ranks at the top. The decor is very "old world" but you can tell it has been recently updated but they have kept to the details of the original fittings, all the way down to the light switches and door knobs and the little things that make it a class of its own. The staff was all very professional and helpful. I had breakfast in the dining room and it was the best of my 2 week trip to Europe...a lot of variety, not the usual cold cuts and pastries. Rooms and common areas were spotless and the location, while central to the museums and parks, was very quiet (the main entry is on a bit of a separate road from the main traffic so its offset a bit, which is nice. I was only here one night but would love to come back again soon.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank max2lucy
Goteed1
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed here as a treat for my lastnight in Spain through a deal with Amex. From the moment I approached the hotel until the moment I left I was totally overwhelmed by the fantastic service.

I was ushered into into registration my luggage was taken and I was given a thorough overview of the hotel and my room. I was upgraded to a nice suite overlooking the Prado. Since the room was not ready they walked me over to the lounge and let me have a drink on the house while they got the room cleaned. When it was done, they escorted me up and delivered my luggage.

The room was phenomenal. Although it was an old classic style, it was still kept up and the bathroom was completely updated. I ran out for about an hour and found that they had given me a turndown service with a nice chocolate and slippers by the bed. About an hour later the hotel sent up a bottle of champagne as a gift. I thought maybe it was a mistake? Nope. 30minutes later they sent up a cake and water as a gift as well!

Breakfast was included in my rate and was fabulous. I also received a ride to the airport as part of the deal in the hotel mercedes.

Checking out was a little chaotic, only 1 person available and a few people waiting to check in or out. By now I was a spoiled little customer (It's your own fault guys!) SO I asked the concierge to check me out and he very cheerfully obliged.

This hotel is a wonderful treat if you are visiting Madrid.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo