Hotel Ritz, Madrid
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Villa Real(Madrid)
2,042 results
All reviewsgoya restaurantmandarin orientalprado museumgrand damelinen sheetsold world eleganceconcierge staffclassic hotelbeautiful hoteldeluxe roombeautiful roompublic areastapasthe location is perfectreina sofialuxuryrenovation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The hotel staff was always trying to pleased you. The Suite we stayed fulfilled our expectation in comfort, decor and size. The lobby is one of the most festive & lively places I have had afternoon tea. The three best museums in the city are within walking distance.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liliana B
ChTavelli, General Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Vinasco22,

Thank you very much for your comments in Trip Avisor and for choosing hotel Ritz Madrid for your stay in Madrid. It is our great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that you have been pleased with our service, taking great memories with you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the legendary Ritz Madrid.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

When booking Madrid, I was hesitant to book the Ritz as it is not a Ritz Carlton but an Orient Express hotel which I never went to. I can now say I am not dissappointed as my stay was one of a kind. I enjoyed my room, breakfast, the perfect concierge team, even a little massage at their reduced spa. I was also possitively surprised by their restaurant Goya, which was offering amazing spanish food. Normally I dont stay in hotels for meals as I prefer to try local restaurants for some adventure but I can say that I loved it. No need to wear jackets for dinner, just avoid shorts and tshirt and you will be fine. Try the suckling pig, it was just perfect! Only complaint was that doors seem to be thin as one morning I got woken up by people talking in the corridor.

1  Thank JohnLe56

Dear JohnLe56,

Thank you also for your great comments about your experience at Goya, our main restaurant, which is our pride as we offer all our guests the best produce from all over Spain.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the legendary Ritz Madrid.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were at the Ritz for three nights in early October, and this was our third stay. We would not dream of staying at any other property, but would love to see some improvements.

The service was superb, as it was during our first visit. We loved the buffet breakfast as well, and tea and cocktail service in the lobby was elegant. We think the location is the best in Madrid...situated next door to the Prado and only a short stroll to the Retiro.

As far as our room was concerned, we were upgraded to a junior suite, and while that sounds wonderful, our room was one of the older ones in need of renovation. We realize that the carpeting is historic, but it truly is time for a change...it looked old and tired, and...shall I say it?...not the cleanest. The mattresses also felt old, and the bathroom needed a total overhaul.

It is time, is it not, to bring this grande dame up to the 21st century so that she may continue to hold her place as THE property in Madrid?

Room Tip: As much as it pains me to say it, I would stay away from the older rooms and ask for one that has been renovated.

Dear ElenaG,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience with all Trip Advisors readers. The entre team truly appreciate having you for your 3rd visit as it is always great to welcome you back home.

I was also pleased to read that you have enjoyed our service and our restaurants and would like to ensure that we are restoring our rooms every year, at a pace of 25 to 30 rooms every year, with new carpets, upholstery, mattresses and bathroom appliances. The junior suite you have stayed in may be within our list of rooms to restore this coming month of January.

I truly look forward to welcoming you back personally upon your next visit and ensuring you experience the beauty of the legendary Ritz Madrid rooms.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

When I read the other reviews I have to wonder where THEY stayed. This hotel is not only perfectly situated, the staff is amazing, the food extraordinary, and the rooms are a delight. I too stayed on the first floor with a blocked window, but even that could not spoil fun.There was bucket of cava waiting on a small table with a delicious cake alongside. They gave us a gift certificate for 20Euros off a dining experience. We used it for an elegant lunch. The lobby is stunning as is the restaurant and terrace. The sheets on the beds were such fine linen they ensured a great sleep. It was all perfect-Walking home, to the hotel,from the Botanic garden, stopping for a drink in the garden ah...This is a civilized hotel to which I will return and for which I will long.

• Stayed: October 2013
ChTavelli, Director General at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Truffle,

Thank you very much for sharing your great comments about your recent stay with all trip advisor readers. Thank you also for giving us the opportunity to share the beauty of our legendary palace.

Your words are without hesitation the best reward our team can have as they truly show that we have succeeded in creating memorable experiences that will last forever in your mind.

We all at the Ritz Madrid look forward to welcoming you back soon.

ctavelli@ritz.es

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our second stay here. I should have known after the first that this would be no better. We stayed four days from 11-15 Oct 13 ( our earlier trip was over Easter). This trip I communicated with the reservation clerk and noted my dissatisfaction with our last stay. A room close to the lift and on a low floor. I was promised that would not be the case this time. So now we are on the 3rd floor vs the first but still near the lift. On top of that the room was small with a bathroom so small the door had a hard time closing. For the rate charged this is not what I had in mind. In addition it was not welcome BACK as it should have been but is this your first stay. As a member of the LHW Club I expected recognition as a member and the possible upgrade. Neither issues were raised at check-in. In short I should have known. I will travel again to Madrid but I/we will try another LHW hotel. As a side note the breakfast buffet needs attention as well. All four days both the tea and coffee service were served with water barely hot. The result was a lukewarm cup of whatever you are drinking. Since the wait staff is undermanned here during this time when you get their attention it is time to go. In short DISAPPOINTING!

3  Thank Token
ChTavelli, Director General at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Mr Token,

Thank you very much for choosing hotel Ritz Madrid for a 2nd time and for sharing your feedback about your stay, which took all my attention as it does not describe the quality of service we strive to provide to our guests. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As a frequent traveler to Madrid, I will remain at your entire disposal to personally make your future reservation with us and personally ensure your stay is a memorable one.

Looking forward to welcoming you personally back very soon, I remain at your entire disposal.

ctavelli@ritz.es