“Helpful staffs in a beautifully decorated hotel”
Review of Hotel Ritz, Madrid

Hotel Ritz, Madrid
Ranked #38 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Spacious and comfortable room which is beautifully decorated in traditional glamor. Staffs are very helpful and in my case, went thru the trouble to locate my iPad charger after I've checked out and ship back to me overseas.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tsangmor
ChTavelli, General Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Tsangmore,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Ritz hotel during your recent stay in Madrid. It is always a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your experience while at the hotel and that we have been helpful even after check out.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon to Madrid and the Ritz.

Christian Tavelli

Write a ReviewReviews (1,978)

Reviewed 20 December 2013

this is an old world hotel with great charm.the staff is as good as you will find anywhere.its a 3 min walk to the Prado and other places are no more than 10 min walk.breakfast is very good and the spa is also worth a visit.

Room Tip: inside rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank herman112

Dear herman 112,

Thank you very much for having chosen Ritz Madrid during your stay in Madrid. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay as well as the proximity to the Prado museum and all Madrid´s most attractive activities.

The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Its a prestige to stay in such a hotel sorry should called as palace, we stayed in a junior suite, which was absolutely wonderful with amazing amenities, Staffs are highly friendly, lobby is quite and neat, Excellent breakfast,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear PK Traveler,

Thank you very much for choosing our "palace" for your stay in Madrid and for sharing your great experience with all trip advisors readers.

Your words are without hesitation the best reward me and my team can have.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon to Madrid.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

It was my first trip to Spain I my Virtuoso travel was right when recommending the Ritz in Madrid. Since I entered the legendary revolving doors, I was immediately addressed by my name and as from there treated as a King. Room 318 was comfortable, spacious, well appointed and decorated with a luxe difficult to find nowadays.

Room service breakfast was outstanding which I enjoyed every morning in front of my window facing el Prado's main door.

My dinning experience at goya restaurant was memorable. Chef Jorge approached my table and guided me through his top sellers. Well, what an amazing suckling pig I had as well as the best lobster ravioli.

I will return again and again to this amazing palace, now my new home in Spain.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank TimmyBoston
ChTavelli, General Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Timmy,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at the legendary Ritz Madrid with all trip advisors readers.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our suckling pig and the lobster ravioli, with our hesitation these being part of our best sellers among our great Goya restaurant a la carte.

The entire team at the ritz look forward to welcoming you back soon and keep making you "feel like a King"!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We chose this Hotel because of a special deal offered in August by BA. For three nights including breakfast £550.00. The Hotel was beautifully air conditioned unlike some more expensive hotels close by and the service was excellent. On arriving my car was taken from me and returned whenever I need it, without even telling the doorman who I was. My daughter stayed at the ME close by but I found the place like an airport lounge and I noticed there was no air conditioning in the corridors, only open windows.
If you want luxury there really is nowhere else to say. Your been in good company just look at the visitors book!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoodValuePlaces
ChTavelli, General Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you great experience with all trip advisors readers. It is always a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay and recommend the experience to others.

The entire team at the Ritz in Madrid look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

There was a wedding and the loud noise went on late into the night without a care for other residents in the hotel. There was no night manager other than Alfredo who called himself a "night auditor" who refused to do anything. The only thing he offered was that I should move to another floor higher up for one night. It was past midnight and there was no way I was going to be able to pack my stuff and move for one night. I was already on the opposite side of where the wedding was taking place. The hotel has to decide whether they want to cater to business clientele or make themselves an event hotel. If the latter, then major corporations need to remove them from their list of recommended business hotels.

Room Tip: Insist on a room higher up on the opposite side of the ballroom. The wedding was going on until 3am...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 53MSG
ChTavelli, Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Mrs Mahtre,

Thank you for sharing your comments with all Trip Advisors reeders and my most sincere apologies if the wedding celebration that took place this week end was too loud to let you enjoy a peaceful night in the beauty of our rooms. I will review our events standards as a celebration like the one you are mentioning should not disturb our guests during the night. I sincerely hope you have enjoyed the rest of your stay at the legendary Ritz.

I would appreciate if you can please contact me directly upon your next visit to Madrid for me to ensure personally that you have a memorable experience.

ctavelli@ritz.es

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and I were fortunate enough to return to Madrid and the Hotel Ritz this past October. We were welcomed "home" by the Doormen, Ivan and Enrique, by name, and it felt as though we had only been apart from their love and nurturing for a few weeks instead of an entire year!!
How does a "lady" almost 104 years old continue in such grand style? I believe the answer comes from the General Manager who leads by example and his loyal staff follows because of the pride they experience working at a hotel like The Ritz.
The hotel is spotless, the service is beyond 5 star, the food, and the presentation is non-existent anywhere else. They continue to use the finest linens, china, crystal, and silver. It is as though when entering the revolving door you are transported back in time to a more genteel world where manners and grace still existed and people spoke in hushed tones--and not on cell phones!!!
The rooms are charming, and the bed linen is so crisp and of such high quality, and the beds so comfortable you might give up sightseeing altogether for the endless perfect sleep. The bathrooms are spotless and kept well supplied with plush towels that are HUGE, robes, slippers and more soaps, shampoos and creams than you could use in a week. The Housekeeping Staff is so attuned to your needs, and all requests are met with a smile and the requested result. One day a light bulb blew in the closet, and from the time I reported it until the porter arrived with a replacement was under 2 minutes!!
The buffet breakfast is a treat for the eyes and the palate....with all diet requests met, and even something as unusual as my requesting 12 fresh raspberries each morning was not only fulfilled but came to the table in different artistic formations!
There is NOT a question the competent Concierge Staff of Borja, Alejandro, David, and Jesus cannot answer. They are a tremendous resource of places to eat, where to shop,what sights to visit, and just general information not only about Madrid but other cities in Spain as well.
The Switchboard has the most charming women who will handle your calls and wake you up gently with one or two "wake up" calls each morning.
One of the things I have noticed over our many visits to The Ritz is that the staff stays constant--which means they not only enjoy their work, but working at the Grande Dame of hotels in Madrid.
The staff is so well trained that they are available to assist without being "intrusive"----again a lost art in the Hotel Management world.
I know the Hotel is due for a bit of a " facelift", at 104 wouldn't you want some special care too?, but I know the main features of the Ritz will remain intact....you have never seen a more beautiful lobby, and those ceilings that must be 16 feet high ( or higher) take your breath away.
This last trip I noticed a few dogs that were "guests" and they clearly knew how to behave at The Ritz!! I also saw families traveling with children and the staff is so accommodating and welcoming to their youngest visitors as well as their " more mature" guests!
It is clear that I am in love with The Ritz, the staff, and the way my husband and I have been pampered on our visits to Madrid.
We look forward to returning and can and do recommend The Ritz to any traveler who wants the BEST----if that is your goal The Ritz is your answer.

Finally, if you enjoy flowers, the floral presentations throughout the hotel will take your breath away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank diana z

Dear Diana,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience during your recent visit to your home in Madrid. The entire family of the Ritz is already missing you and Bernie, among the Ritz family but we trust that we will have the great pleasure to welcome you back soon home.

Thank you as well about your comments in regards to our team and to the leadership of this hotel. It is a pleasure to be the captain of such a wonderful ship and to create memorable experiences to each one of our beloved guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon to Madrid and wishing you happy holidays!

ctavelli@ritz.es