“Enjoy the finest of Madrid Hotels”
Review of Hotel Ritz, Madrid

Hotel Ritz, Madrid
Ranked #33 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Scottsdale
“Enjoy the finest of Madrid Hotels”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Hotel Ritz is perfectly located for visitors to Madrid. Near the Prado Museum, yet quiet and removed from the crowds of Madrid. Our room was classic in decor and complete with every convenience. An older room but beautiful and well maintained. It does not get better than the Hotel Ritz. Everyone in this hotel is friendly and the service is top notch. Do not miss the afternoon tea. It is a very enjoyable experience!

Room Tip: We overlooked a square, the front of the hotel. The room was quiet, got the morning sun, and had a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChocolateScottsdale
ChTavelli, General Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Chocolate Scottsdale,

Greetings from Madrid and thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in the heart of Spain. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your room facing Plaza de la Lealtad, and that you enjoyed the moments of truth, the interaction with our team and the service they provide.

The entire team look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Ritz in Madrid.

Christian Tavelli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
HKSAR
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Spacious and comfortable room which is beautifully decorated in traditional glamor. Staffs are very helpful and in my case, went thru the trouble to locate my iPad charger after I've checked out and ship back to me overseas.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tsangmor
ChTavelli, General Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Tsangmore,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Ritz hotel during your recent stay in Madrid. It is always a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your experience while at the hotel and that we have been helpful even after check out.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon to Madrid and the Ritz.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 December 2013

this is an old world hotel with great charm.the staff is as good as you will find anywhere.its a 3 min walk to the Prado and other places are no more than 10 min walk.breakfast is very good and the spa is also worth a visit.

Room Tip: inside rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank herman112
Dear herman 112,

Thank you very much for having chosen Ritz Madrid during your stay in Madrid. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay as well as the proximity to the Prado museum and all Madrid´s most attractive activities.

The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Its a prestige to stay in such a hotel sorry should called as palace, we stayed in a junior suite, which was absolutely wonderful with amazing amenities, Staffs are highly friendly, lobby is quite and neat, Excellent breakfast,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear PK Traveler,

Thank you very much for choosing our "palace" for your stay in Madrid and for sharing your great experience with all trip advisors readers.

Your words are without hesitation the best reward me and my team can have.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon to Madrid.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It was my first trip to Spain I my Virtuoso travel was right when recommending the Ritz in Madrid. Since I entered the legendary revolving doors, I was immediately addressed by my name and as from there treated as a King. Room 318 was comfortable, spacious, well appointed and decorated with a luxe difficult to find nowadays.

Room service breakfast was outstanding which I enjoyed every morning in front of my window facing el Prado's main door.

My dinning experience at goya restaurant was memorable. Chef Jorge approached my table and guided me through his top sellers. Well, what an amazing suckling pig I had as well as the best lobster ravioli.

I will return again and again to this amazing palace, now my new home in Spain.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank TimmyBoston
Dear Timmy,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at the legendary Ritz Madrid with all trip advisors readers.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our suckling pig and the lobster ravioli, with our hesitation these being part of our best sellers among our great Goya restaurant a la carte.

The entire team at the ritz look forward to welcoming you back soon and keep making you "feel like a King"!

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We chose this Hotel because of a special deal offered in August by BA. For three nights including breakfast £550.00. The Hotel was beautifully air conditioned unlike some more expensive hotels close by and the service was excellent. On arriving my car was taken from me and returned whenever I need it, without even telling the doorman who I was. My daughter stayed at the ME close by but I found the place like an airport lounge and I noticed there was no air conditioning in the corridors, only open windows.
If you want luxury there really is nowhere else to say. Your been in good company just look at the visitors book!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GoodValuePlaces
ChTavelli, General Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you great experience with all trip advisors readers. It is always a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay and recommend the experience to others.

The entire team at the Ritz in Madrid look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 December 2013

There was a wedding and the loud noise went on late into the night without a care for other residents in the hotel. There was no night manager other than Alfredo who called himself a "night auditor" who refused to do anything. The only thing he offered was that I should move to another floor higher up for one night. It was past midnight and there was no way I was going to be able to pack my stuff and move for one night. I was already on the opposite side of where the wedding was taking place. The hotel has to decide whether they want to cater to business clientele or make themselves an event hotel. If the latter, then major corporations need to remove them from their list of recommended business hotels.

Room Tip: Insist on a room higher up on the opposite side of the ballroom. The wedding was going on until 3am...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank shantimhatre
ChTavelli, Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Mrs Mahtre,

Thank you for sharing your comments with all Trip Advisors reeders and my most sincere apologies if the wedding celebration that took place this week end was too loud to let you enjoy a peaceful night in the beauty of our rooms. I will review our events standards as a celebration like the one you are mentioning should not disturb our guests during the night. I sincerely hope you have enjoyed the rest of your stay at the legendary Ritz.

I would appreciate if you can please contact me directly upon your next visit to Madrid for me to ensure personally that you have a memorable experience.

ctavelli@ritz.es