“Noise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“Noise”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I would avoid hotel on a Friday and Saturday. There is a separate disco adjacent to the hotel. We were disturbed by bass vibrations as far up as 5th floor.

Hotel is in a good location. Single rooms are very small.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Carmen_VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Soma, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen us and for offering us your comments and opinions.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our localtion but we are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not what you expected.

Regarding the noise from the discotheque, we regret that, in spite of our soundproofing system, the noise coming from outside bothered you. We would like to clarify that this is a case of an establishment not related to the hotel, and we are taking appropriate measures to try to put an end to this situation.

We are at your service for anything that you may need.

Carmen Fernández

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Greek first
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a long weekend with 4 other couples. Check in was smooth and nice surprise we had a large room, 817. Very quiet and clean. Over the road from a metro station. Good bar right opposite the hotel for drinks and tapas. We had breakfast at the hotel once which was a typical European breakfast, nice but expenses. Drinks in the bar expensive but that's hotel prices. Would stay again though.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Carmen_VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Soma, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to be able to welcome you again soon at our hotel.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Good for shopping and business district claudio Coehlo
hotel very big not new but clean and elegant
free we fi nice staff ..and just in front you will find the subway stop
.a very good choice in Madrid
good breakfast but a bit expensive about 15/20 eur

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank william c
Carmen_VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Soma, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear guest,

We hope to be able to welcome you again soon at our hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was not too sure about booking this hotel having read some of the other recent reviews, but I fall into those that had a good experience. The note is well located, friendly staff and not pretentious. The room that I had was adequate in size, the bathroom was very clean as seas the room. The only issue I found was that there was little air circulating in the centre of the hotel where the window opened onto. So my room was a bit "stuffy". The hotel was overall very good value, the mini-bar, which I normally keep well clear of, was very reasonable. The restaurant, where I had a great lunch (do try the mozzarella starter) and a very good breakfast, is good. The gym does need new running machines and also a new elliptical machine, but the weights are fine and there is alas a small sauna in the changing room. I was very happy here. Wifi is free...always good.

Room Tip: Try and book one of the rooms with a double or king bed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TutinsPony
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I'm feeling generous so I'm giving 3 stars. This hotel could easily get less.

Check-in experience was slow and not very courteous. I got placed in a room with 2 single beds even though I clearly requested (and confirmed) a room with a double bed. It took me almost an hour of arguing with the hotel staff until they finally moved me to another room.

TVs are 14" LCDs stuck in odd places in the room. Some lights don't work. Elevators are slooooowwwww, even if you come at a very late time (I waited about 2 minutes for an elevator at midnight).

On the positive side, rooms are reasonably modern, location is pretty good, close to stores, restaurants, the park... and the heating works well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not what you expected. We take note of each and every one of our customers' observations, complaints, suggestions and comments, for the purpose of our improvement.

Our staff is known for offering exquisite treatment and attention to all our customers. We are sorry that in your case you did not feel that that was the case.

We are at your service for anything that you may need.

USA,USA
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Summary:
1.Misleading pics
2. 3 steps into room and you are in bathroom
3. Thin walls. You can hear even the air (didn't know that was possible)
4. Black Mold in air vent
5.Dirty walls and cutains

am here now. I walk up. Reception offers their greetings. It is so far so good. Get into tight elevator head to room and the room is next to a maintenance closet with a man hanging out of it fixing things. I say to myself ok hopefully it won't be too noisy..WRONG. I opened the door stepped in the room and I was already in the bathroom! It is small as H-E double hockey sticks. I pull out my phone to compare the Habitacion Individual to the pictures on the website and initially had hoped this hotel had by mistake put me in a Habitacion XS instead of putting misleading photos on their website. I called them up-WRONG, they assured me I was in an Individual. So don't believe the photos. This room does not have the space or cushion chair, in fact it is not big enough to house the cushionchair. I can't believe I got dupped. I am a hotel connoisseur. Smh. Skip. Un ultimo enga~no. Unless you get this room for under 45 Euros and (not or) you are only staying for 1 night, skip it!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank eyobt
Carmen_VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Soma, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Customer,

We are sorry that your experience at our hotel was not what you would have wished. In spite of this we appreciate that you have sent your comments, since it is our goal to improve every day and adapt our facilities and services to our customers' tastes and needs.

We regret that you did not like the room. Nevertheless we wish to clarify that it is an individual room equipped with a bed measuring 1.2m. As the case may be, if our customers are not satisfied with the room and they inform us, they will be assigned a new room whenever one is available.

All our rooms and facilities are revised and cleaned rigorously, and so we apologize if during your say there was an occasional shortcoming.

We remain at your service for anything you might need.

With best wishes