“I wouldn't stay there again” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Arosa

Hotel Arosa
Ranked #229 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
khalkis
“I wouldn't stay there again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

The people at the recepction hardly ever smiled (especialy the lady seemed to be annoyed that people stayed there and she had to help them).
The rooms were shabby, we had to change rooms because the bathroom of first one smelled very bad, then we were placed in a smokers room without being asked if we had a problem with it, and it smelled bad too but we decided to enjoy our holiday and didn't ask for another one.
The breakfast was ok and the people there, were very friendly.
The area is perfect, we didn't have to use the metro at all, everything was in walking distance.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I am sorry your stay didn't meet your expectations. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is my hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future and to offer you our undivided attention.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit.

Best Western Hotel Arosa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

I booked this hotel via Expedia and got a really cheap rate by paying in advance, non-refundable. On arrival I got upgraded to King room which was great. This hotel has been upgraded and decorated fairly recently and is above average for Best Western, 1 min from subway. Location could not be better, right in the middle of shopping area and night life. One of the hotel lifts is a small triangle and the hotel believes it may be the oddest shaped lift in the world. Free wifi throughout the hotel, though not very reliable, it's free. Reception staff a bit grumpy and never smile, but the room maids do. The buffet breakfast is a little pricey but plenty Starbucks etc nearby if you want to save money. But definitely I'll stay at this hotel again, attractive, clean, great location and unbeatable value for money

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I sincerely thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay at our property.

You maybe sure that with such praises we will always try to better our services and to carry out work with an ever increasing gusto.

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Best Western Hotel Arosa
Grand Cayman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Stayed for 2 nights and expecting a 4* hotel as advertised on the booking site. Very small room with tired decor. Bathroom was about the same size as the bedroom with very awkward access to shower and bath - could be dangerous with a wet floor. Whole hotel looked liked it was last reburbished in the 1970s. Plus points were the very friendly staff, free WIFI and pleasant buffet breakfast served to 11.30 weekends. Lots of much nicer hotels in Madrid.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Patchpup
HOTELAROSA, Directora Adjunta at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
We take all customer feedback seriously and regret that we did not meet your expectations.
It is my hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again.
BEST WESTERN HOTEL AROSA

Travellers are raving about these Madrid hotels

Ray, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

We stayed at this property after traveling for 2 plus weeks so this was the last two days of a 22 day trip. The hotel lobby needs updated however the rooms were great based on what rooms in Europe look like. The room and bathroom was clean and updated. Of course as always staying in the city it was noisy at night. The hallways were also noisy late into the night.
Also at check in we noticed you could prepay your breakfast at a discount and we did for 2 days and it was so bad we decided day two to cancel our reservations.
They was no tour desk or consierge so it was difficult to find any help on tours

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HOTELAROSA, Directora Adjunta at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 30 May 2011
Again, I thank you for your sincerity and I would be very grateful if you gave us, at some point, another opportunity to change the negative impression you are now under.
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2011

A friend and I stayed for one night at the Best Western Arosa on May 3rd, and I was shocked at how rude the staff was. When I called to ask a question at the front desk, they quickly answered and hung up on me before I could ask my second question. When I asked if they had a room for May 4th, they laughed in my face. The next morning, my friend and I were terribly jet lagged and overslept. After several admonishing phone calls from the staff at around 11am, an employee actually opened our room door (without knocking) while we were changing our clothes. It was very uncomfortable and we couldn't wait to get out of there after all of that. One night was PLENTY. Location and rooms were nice, but the attitude was really awful.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elizabethcbrady
HOTELAROSA, Directora Adjunta at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of our hotel on tripadvisor.com
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again.
With my best regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

We moved here our last night in Madrid out of desperation from a dirty and unsafe hotel. We couldnt have been happier with our move.

-clean
-spacious
-good location on Gran Via for touristy things/plaza mayor/peurto del sol

The only negative was the centrally controlled AC wasn't the coolest, but we survived. I mean we didn't exactly sign up (or want to pay) for 5 star luxury so you get what you pay for.

BOTTOM LINE: great value, would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HOTELAROSA, Directora Adjunta at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 10 May 2011
I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us.
You maybe sure that with such praises we will always try to better our services and to carry out work with an ever increasing guest.
Very kind regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

Just back from 5 days in this hotel.I've to admit that after reading a lot of reviews I was a bit worried and i dind't expect much, so it came to a big surprise to discover that this is actually a great hotel.Location is perfect ,metro is just a few steps away and Madrid has the benus that you can actually reach the airport by metro with just 2 euro. Yes, it's true one of the lift at the hotel is very small, but that's because the builiding is very old and i'm under the impression they can't touch it, but if anything i found it very quaint! rooms were newly refurbished and quite spacious. Bathroom brand new.Yes, not all the staff speak English, but the ones that don't try their very best to make themselves understood. Breakfast was very good, a lot of fresh food and never a problem in finding a table despite being very busy. They even have a computer with free interned in their beautifully decoreted lobby. All in all a great place to discover a great city.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback.
I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us. I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt very rewarded by your words.
I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.