“Not as good as last time”
Review of Hotel Arosa

Hotel Arosa
Ranked #238 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not as good as last time”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Rooms not as good as the last visit, booked on the Zen floor last time and the room found it to be excellent, this time booked a room on the 6th floor which was put in a smoking room although changed the next day to the 5th floor to a single small room with a window opening onto a shaft. It is a good location for city visits and plenty of restaurants, but as on business this was not relevant. Will stay again but will make sure I book on the Zen floor.

Room Tip: Booka room on the Zen floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pat B
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations this time.

I appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is my hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future and to offer you our undivided attention.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit.
Again, I very much regret for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Excellent location. On Gran Via and very close to metro, bus, citymadrid bus. Also easy walking distance to plazas, museums, parks, palaces etc. Clean rooms. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast/bar staff offered excellent customer service. The breakfast had excellent variety and very plentiful to send us on our way to a busy day! Home to the smallest elevator in the world.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue S
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Hotel is very central, close to all central highlights of Madrid incl palace, parks, museums, galleries etc. Quiet room, breakfast room overlooking Gran Via, helpful staff, small irregular shape elevators a quirky feature .... worth a visit

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay at our property.

I am pleased to see that you enjoy our elevator..

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The perfect location for Madrid with Metro station one minute away and everything close at hand. Our room faced the courtyard, so while we missed the view, it was very quiet. The bar on the second floor was a wonderful place to relax at the end of the day with a free cava and a bar man who believes in generosity when it comes to drink measures. It was worth booking just to use that lift! Make sure that you make yourself aware of any "offers" like discounts on breakfasts as the reception staff forget these details.

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards,

Ronse, Belgium
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Perfect location close to Gran Via nearby the metro, but you can visit the city by walking: nearly
all the curiosities are close to the hotel!
The rooms are comfortable and clean (standard room).
The staff at the reception and in the bar is friendly.
Breakfast is plentiful.
The elevators are very small but that is not a real problem: the stairs are perfect.
The daily free glass of cava between 6 and 8 pm is a nice offer.
Good hotel for a reasonable price.

1 Thank asus11
Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt much rewarded by your words.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed four nights in a Japanese style room, on a high floor which faced the inner court yard; our room was clean, we sleep soundly, breakfast was excellent, staff was friendly, helpful and provided helpful tips; however no staff informed us about their free “drink”, so we are out of luck. And the elevators, thought small in size worked perfectly. The room’s refrigerator had drinks for sale, but we used it to store our water as they provided amble space for personnel use.

We walked everywhere: neighborhoods, museums, restaurants; and saw much. This is our first visit to Madrid and for sure we will be back, and hopefully stay at the Hotel Arosa, and this time will inquire about the evening drink.

Room Tip: Ask for the "free" drink otherwisw you are out of luck.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

I am very sorry for not informing you about the evening free drink. I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

zichron yac'cov ISRAEL
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Location,location...The hotel is located on the main street "Grand via" near the metro station.The staff was gentle and helpfull. The room was nice and had a teras on the '"Grand via". If you want to shop,you have to walk 3-5 minutes on the "Grand via".

Room Tip: •"Higher floors have nice view".Ask for a room with a teras to the main street
5 Thank orit g
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you rated our location so highly.