“Good location”
Review of Hotel Arosa

Hotel Arosa
Ranked #245 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good location for both shopping and culture.
Staff are helpful and rooms just adequate but still good value. We were able to keep our room on for a late departure at a reasonable cost. Also a kettle and coffee/tea can be made available in your room upon request.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front over looking Gran Via can be noisy Friday/Saturday night. Also ours had a slight...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Miriam S
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards,

BEST WESTERN Hotel AROSA

Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very small elevators, reception. Paper thin walls, tiny bathrooms and spotted dirty carpets in the hallway, Not good breakfast. The location is great but thats just it. Hotel staff not very helpful. Long way to go in service and pleasing a customer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and for your mixed review posted following your recent stay with us.

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great location for sightseeing,shopping and restaurants. Room fine for short stay. Free wifi. Good breakfast, plenty of variety. Free drink in bar 6pm to 8pm. Can book shuttle bus to airport day before flight. Would stay there again. Love Madrid.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pat w
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I am pleased to see that you enjoy our Buffet Breakfast..

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Hotel is clean and in the middle of the town within a walking distance from all the important locations.
I have chosen to stay in a single room. Apparently all the single rooms have a view on the internal side of the building which is fine, since the street is a bit noisy. My room was a smoking room and the smell was extremely unbearable. The room is relatively small and the fan of the toilet is directed inside the room, so I'll leave it to your imagination. At the end, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Avoid smoking rooms and single beds
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank enghaj
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to rating your stay with us. I am pleased to see that you rated our location and cleaning so highly.

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Everything is here - shops, restaurants, entertainment! Great place for shoppping and tasting Madrid!Metro is right next step from the hotel. All the historical monuments and places of interest right there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Galina S
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay, your feedback is very much appreciated

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and also to see that you rated our location so highly.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

If location is everything then this hotel is central to everything.If you get the metro from the airport and get off at Gran Via come up to road level look down the street and you see the scweppes sign on the side of the hotel look for sign Tryp hotel walk past tryp hotel and take second small street on left the shop on the corner is Yves Rocher the hotel is 30 yard's down from the shop.It's a small reception.The room's are ok size ,bed's were firm, pillow's bit thin .Fridge in room with mini bar you pay for,but obviously you can keep your own thing's cool in the fridge.there is a safe in the room that is free to activate you put your credit card in to read and that is your "key" to the safe.bathroom is a bit standard with bath/shower shower gel dispencer at bath and wash basin.The only downside to the rooms are the street noise from outside if you have a room on the street side.If possible ask for inside room if you are light sleeper,the noise disturbed me and I sleep through most things.The breakfast part of the room is a bit cramped between 9am and 11am around the coffee machine, the food is almost standard fair scrambled egg,sausage,bacon bread,rolls,cereal,fruit,pastries,meat,cheese.The bar which is the same room as breakfast room is very pleasant to sit and have a drink seemingly free glass of cava between 6pm and 8pm.Everything is central and with easy walking distance and the metro is 2 min's walk away.If you have a later flight there is a luggage room where you can leave your suitcase's.I would use this hotel again but would request an inside room

Room Tip: request only inside room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Billymcd

Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here before and liked the comfortable rooms, very friendly staff in lounge and breakfast restaurant. They upgraded my room "because we had the availability". This visit I came back to this hotel. That says enough doesn't it? I am often in Madrid. Many hotels are good. This one I also like very much for it's simple charm. Location is excellent.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Marius K
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt much rewarded by your words.

I thank you once again for this wonderful message.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,