“Excellent Location on the Gran Via”
Review of Hotel Arosa

Hotel Arosa
Ranked #238 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Moraira, Spain
“Excellent Location on the Gran Via”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

What a find. We booked an executive room and this was overlooking the Gran Via. It had a small terrace looking out over the Gran Via. The room was a reasonable size and with this room came free breakfast, bath robes, mini bar and tea/coffee making facilities (though we had to ask for the tea and coffee making tray and also for the key to the free mini bar). The hotel was very clean, but the reception area and lifts were small. Every evening the hotel offered a free glass of cava in their bar on the 2nd floor, between the hours of 6 and 8. We thought that this was a nice touch. The service throughout our stay was very good. Staff were very willing to help. The breakfast was very good with a reasonable amount of choice. We would certainly stay in this Hotel again if we go back to Madrid.

Room Tip: Room 708 is the one we stayed in. It was noisy at night, but we were on the Gran Via in the middle...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards

BEST WESTERN Hotel AROSA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good location for both shopping and culture.
Staff are helpful and rooms just adequate but still good value. We were able to keep our room on for a late departure at a reasonable cost. Also a kettle and coffee/tea can be made available in your room upon request.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front over looking Gran Via can be noisy Friday/Saturday night. Also ours had a slight...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Miriam S
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very small elevators, reception. Paper thin walls, tiny bathrooms and spotted dirty carpets in the hallway, Not good breakfast. The location is great but thats just it. Hotel staff not very helpful. Long way to go in service and pleasing a customer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and for your mixed review posted following your recent stay with us.

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards,

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great location for sightseeing,shopping and restaurants. Room fine for short stay. Free wifi. Good breakfast, plenty of variety. Free drink in bar 6pm to 8pm. Can book shuttle bus to airport day before flight. Would stay there again. Love Madrid.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pat w
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am pleased to see that you enjoy our Buffet Breakfast..

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Jeddah
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Hotel is clean and in the middle of the town within a walking distance from all the important locations.
I have chosen to stay in a single room. Apparently all the single rooms have a view on the internal side of the building which is fine, since the street is a bit noisy. My room was a smoking room and the smell was extremely unbearable. The room is relatively small and the fan of the toilet is directed inside the room, so I'll leave it to your imagination. At the end, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Avoid smoking rooms and single beds
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank enghaj
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to rating your stay with us. I am pleased to see that you rated our location and cleaning so highly.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Stepanakert
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Everything is here - shops, restaurants, entertainment! Great place for shoppping and tasting Madrid!Metro is right next step from the hotel. All the historical monuments and places of interest right there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Galina S
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay, your feedback is very much appreciated

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and also to see that you rated our location so highly.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,

dunfermline
Reviewed 31 March 2014

If location is everything then this hotel is central to everything.If you get the metro from the airport and get off at Gran Via come up to road level look down the street and you see the scweppes sign on the side of the hotel look for sign Tryp hotel walk past tryp hotel and take second small street on left the shop on the corner is Yves Rocher the hotel is 30 yard's down from the shop.It's a small reception.The room's are ok size ,bed's were firm, pillow's bit thin .Fridge in room with mini bar you pay for,but obviously you can keep your own thing's cool in the fridge.there is a safe in the room that is free to activate you put your credit card in to read and that is your "key" to the safe.bathroom is a bit standard with bath/shower shower gel dispencer at bath and wash basin.The only downside to the rooms are the street noise from outside if you have a room on the street side.If possible ask for inside room if you are light sleeper,the noise disturbed me and I sleep through most things.The breakfast part of the room is a bit cramped between 9am and 11am around the coffee machine, the food is almost standard fair scrambled egg,sausage,bacon bread,rolls,cereal,fruit,pastries,meat,cheese.The bar which is the same room as breakfast room is very pleasant to sit and have a drink seemingly free glass of cava between 6pm and 8pm.Everything is central and with easy walking distance and the metro is 2 min's walk away.If you have a later flight there is a luggage room where you can leave your suitcase's.I would use this hotel again but would request an inside room

Room Tip: request only inside room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Billymcd
Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!