“Ok”
Review of Hotel Arosa

Hotel Arosa
Ranked #246 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel.
Paid for a larger upgrade with free mini bar, found that it wasn't really worth it. Location of hotel is great transport and shopping extremely close by.
Hotel is old and the corridors really need a facelift.
Bed was hard as a rock so didn't have the best sleep.
Was quiet and large breakfast too.
Noticed abit of a language barrier too not everyone spoke English well.
Not a bad hotel but not what I thought from other reviews I read.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Bruno M
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Seen a lot of negative comments but this is a fine value for money hotel in central Madrid and the staff are lovely. Maybe they weren't lovely to the other reviewers cos they was moaning too much! Breakfast is nice buffet spread over 3 hours in a lovely dining room you can linger as long as you want, bar is lovely free cava every evening, with do is free and there are also two nice modern computers in the lounge and a printer

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor at the back no view but quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I am pleased to see that you enjoy our evening free glass of cava.

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is very central . From the airport you can get there in about 30 minutes using the metro, the nearest station is Gran Via.
The reception is small, discrete entrance door. We stayed on the 8th floor. No much of a view. The room was a decente size, comfy beds, nice bathroom. The shower is inside the bath and becomes very slippery when wet, be very careful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mrloughton
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to rating your stay with us. I am pleased to see that you rated our location so highly.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The best thing about this Hotel was just the location. It's right in the city center of Madrid (close to Gran Vía). Rooms could pass as standard. The most disappointing thing was the tiny reception but it may be ignored for only an overnight stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Agusparty
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Let's start with the location: Great, just off the Grand Via, near Puerto del Sol - no shortage of restaurants, bars, cafes or high-grade shopping within easy reach. The service: Good, reasonably friendly and helpful. The arrival experience: Poor; the Lobby is a tiny hole-in-the-wall you step up into from the street. The elevators: Two of them, one for Frodo Baggins (without luggage) and the other for Gandalf and his gear (just about). The first floor is a Conference Room for slim people. The second floor is a breakfast room cum bar cum business centre cum snack bar.

Surprisingly, given the snugness of the public areas, our room was large; but the furniture was sparse, giving an impression of immense emptiness. Our view was of the unpainted back walls of buildings.

Hazard! There are no friction patterns in the bathtub. I slipped and fell after a shower and could not get up because my feet kept sliding out from under me on the wet, soapy ceramic. I slipped and fell again the morning we were leaving, managing to hold onto the handrail this time, as result of which I sprained my shoulder and upper arm muscles and am still in pain 8 days later.

Room Tip: Look for a room facing the street, not the back-alley well that we had.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank salmankureshi242
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all I sincerely regret the incident you had in the bathtub. I must stress that it would be the first time an incident like this happens in our hotel and I am completely surprised about it.

I have to inform you that all the bathrooms have a non slip system which observes the rules we are obligated to follow and it is aplicated in all of our bathtubs.

As soon as I have read your comment, our Maintenance Manager has been checking the non slip system in all the bathrooms, but we have not observed any problem with them.

I am pleased to see that you rated our location so highly.

We take all customer feedback seriously and regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Very kind regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Perfect location for the first time visitor to Madrid - we were two couples staying there - rooms were clean - very cool elevator (must be the smallest I've ever seen)
Great bartender Antonio kept us laughing the four nights we stayed there. And Starbucks is right across the street if you don't want to pay for an average breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SRQ-BOS
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Also, I thank you for the special mention to our bar staff, Antonio, he felt much rewarded by your words.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nicely located near the Gran Via, and the rooms are pleasantly furnished. We were on the 5th floor and rather dependant on the two slowish lifts - one of which boasts a unique shape - which would be fine if it wasn't so tiny. Let down by staff who were less than friendly - no idea why!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am concerned about your comments in regards our reception staff, I must stress that this is not our usual attitude. You can be sure that I will follow up and take whatever action needed in order to avoid this in the future.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,