“Didn't stay there!”

Ranked #208 of 277 Madrid B&B and Inns
Recife, PE
“Didn't stay there!”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I booked a room one month before traveling to Madrid. When we got there - very good location - they didn't have an empty room! But it was good, after all: they sent us to a very close bed and breakfast with a private bathroom - the one we've booked at Babel was a shared one. The new place - Salome Hostal - was really good and clean. The best part: since our new room was more expensive, the Babel paid the difference! Thanks!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarolinaSantosREC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Those guys think of everything, they've got nice clean rooms for you to have a sleep, festive decorations to make life better, the location is terrific and the owners are friendly chaps. So, GOOD LUCK!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed at the hostel in may, with amazing wonderful weather. When I arrived at the hostel it was exactly like in the pictures. It has a convenience store in the first floor, which was great to buy breakfast and snacks. Luciano, the hostel owner was one of the nicest, sweetest people I have ever met. He was very welcoming and let us pick our room. There are four rooms in the hostel. The one we stayed at was the biggest, with a double bed and a couch. It was floor to ceiling windows which we kept open. That room was very bright. The other room I saw had two beds and a shower. The greatest thing about this hostel was the cleanliness. It was SPOTLESS. Luciano did laundry every morning, and constantly swept and wiped the counters and floors. Every morning the bathroom was impeccable, with new towels and toilet paper. Even though breakfast was not included he always offered us coffee and cake, or cookies.
There is free wifi which is a plus.
The hostel was literally 10 steps away from the metro stop Gran Via, and I felt very safe at all times. There was many restaurants around, and an internet cafe around the corner, which I used to call Canada.
I will definitely stay here when I come back to Madrid. The price was great, the location was great, and the cleanliness was very impressive.
Gracias por todo Luciano!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MelisaPrieto
Paris, France
Reviewed 10 June 2011

If my wife and I return to Madrid - and i hope we do - we plan on staying at the Babel Guesthouse again. The rooms were very spacious and clean. A nice kitchen and shared bathroom just down a short hallway, and Luciano - proprietor - was kind enough to make us coffee in the morning and talk with us about Madrid. Great location near many interesting neighborhoods and convenient to 2 metro lines. Also, I believe Luciano said something about a studio apartment being available that could be nice for longer stays.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank willcrabb
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I stayed here with two girlfriends for one night. It was only 20 Euro per person which I thought was a really good price. It's located near two metro stops (on two different lines, which is really nice). It's close to Plaza Sol, El Prado and Plaza Mayor. The owner is friendly although he doesn't speak any English (which was fine as I speak Spanish). My friends and I arrived early into Madrid from the US and when we got to the guest house no one was in (as it wasn't a check-in time and its only the one guy who works there). My friends and I wanted to just drop off our things so we didn't have to take them all around Madrid. We ended up getting a coffee for a while and then when we came back the maid was there and she called the owner and we were allowed to drop our things off. All in all its a pretty basic place, but its clean, has plenty of hot water and is in a great location.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends