Location of this hotel is incredible. Smack in the middle of Plaza de Espana, a short walk from a train station and several shops, bars, and restaurants.
It is about a 40 euro cab ride from Madrid airport to the hotel, and seemed like we were driving forever, however the hotel is in a great area.
The wi-fi is very hit or miss (I had to stand in the corner of the room to pick it up) but that was my only complaint. You can't go wrong with this hotel for the cost. A phenomenal deal.
Rooms and hotel are a bit aged, but that added some charm to it. The front desk was very accommodating, and even lent us a converter for our outlet. Would absolutely recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Madrid Plaza de España is a cosy hotel in the heart of Madrid with an elegant and refined atmosphere unique in the city. The hotel combines the French art de vivre and Spanish food and entertainment with its modern design. Our rooms are comfortable and luxurious, our cuisine is delectable and the technology we provide is cutting-edge. Need anything more? Just ask our excellent staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Madrid Plaza de Espana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Madrid Plaza De Espana Hotel Madrid
- Sofitel Madrid
- Accor Madrid Plaza De Espana
- Madrid Sofitel