All reviews barrio salamanca inside patio bar closes great location la castellana the entire hotel breakfast buffet retiro park business trip the hotel is clean bed was very comfortable within walking distance neighborhood noise ac supermarket mattress
Reviewed 15 June 2016

The hotel is presently being refurbished and some basic things like an ice machine is not available, but worse case is when 1 staff member when requested by a guest (me) for ice in a glass, he replies that they have very few ice cubes because is what they have biught in the local market!! that is not acceptable from a staff member in the kitchen HOWEVER just because this employee answerd wrongly, it does not mean that the rest of the staff is the same, on the contrary, they are very helpful and courteous.
The hotel is excelently located, restaurants and supermarket plus a market selling jams, vegetables , fruits etc. is across the street and room are OK. My air conditioning was working OK

Room Tip: Someroom have bathrooms that have a shower sepparte to a tub that also includes a shower. one of the is room 102.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2016

Nice hotel for a quick stop in Madrid. Close to the business and shop district of Lagasca. At the moment there are works going on, so the breakfast room is not open and breakfast is served in the hall.
Rooms are good

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2016

I strongly recommend that you do not stay at this hotel if other choices exist. Despite friendly and helpful staff, the facility itself was sub par in all respects. I arrived at 11.00am after travelling overnight and despite prepaying, I had to wait in the lobby for two hours before a room was available. The room was tiny. Laying in bed I could reach out my arms and touch both side walls of the bedroom at once. (Not exaggerating.) There was no iron/board. There was nowhere to put my suitcase nor enough closet space for all my clothes so I spent my stay stepping over my suitcase to get into bed. The breakfast buffet was basic to say the least.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
1  Thank markdZ9844ZQ
Leticia M, General Manager at NH Madrid Lagasca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Dear Mr. Stewart,

First of all thank you for taking the time of filling in your opinion.

Regarding the restaurant facilities, indeed, the restaurant is being refubrished and we are giving, for free, a continental breakfast in order to compensate the inconveneances.

As for the size of the room, like in almost all hotels, it depends as we have them of all sizes, from individual to superior ones. If you would have told us upon check in we would have been able to change the room.

We are really sorry for the all the inconveneances.

Thank you again for your comments that only help us to improve.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

This hotel has an extraordinary location in the "Barrio de Salamanca". The room size is ok although they dont turn on the air conditioning during winter and spring, making our room a little bit hot.
During our stay the restaurant ant the lobby had some remodeling going on.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Leticia M, General Manager at NH Madrid Lagasca, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Jose,

First of all thank you for taking the time of giving your opinion.

Thank you also for mentioning the extraordinary location.

Regarding the air coditioning, indeed during winter we only have heating and when outside temperture gets high, we switch our system to air conditioning. Now it has already been done.

And we are remodeling our restaurant area in order to have a new trendy concept.
Thank you again for your comments and understandin that only help us to improve.

Hoping to greet you again in our hotel

Best regards

Reviewed 12 April 2016

Stayed for 3 nights for business. Room was impossibly hot during my stay as air con is switched off over winter. Room was strange as it was small, bathroom was adequate. The hotel is under renovation - they really should tell you when you book. Small pastry and breads breakfast offered free of charge. Room service was terrible - i ordered the chicken which obviously was a pricked piece of chicken rewarmed on a sandwich press. It was hard and inedible and despite a description of interesting sides it only came with lettuce and tomato.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Smith-Rashleigh
Leticia M, General Manager at NH Madrid Lagasca, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Dear Smith-Rashleigh,

First of all thank you for taking the time of filling in your commets.

I am really sorry to read that the hotel did not fullfill your expectations.

Indeed, as you could see our restaurant and bar area are being refubrished and we are giving the minimum service.

Please, if you intend to come back to Madrid, allow us to compensate you and we will invite you for dinner to our new Restaurant, that will be open the 1st of June.

Thank you again for your comments that only help us to improve.

Hoping to greet you again in our hotel