Lowest prices for your stay
US$182
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
NH Hotels
Expedia.comUS$182
PricelineUS$181
TravelocityUS$182
1,205 results
All reviews atocha station reina sofia botanical gardens business trip hotel is located minute walk location is great the ground floor rooms are small spent nights comfortable room street noise wonderful hotel standard room reception staff galleries mattresses
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

We were referred to this hotel by a friend who frequents Madrid and we were not disappointed! First off, the location puts you in walking distance for the museums and restaurants....the staff provided great customer service and the breakfast buffet is outstanding. Even room service food was excellent. The only negative was the restaurant Tablafina on the mail level. I'm not sure if it is run by NH or not, though. But the service was pretty lame (bad attitude) and the food was not very good. Other than that one negative, the hotel exceeded expectations!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank c c
Reviewed 9 September 2019

The hotel is located extremely close to the Prado Museum, Reina Sofia Museum, The Thyssen and many other amazing sites in Madrid. The staff was friendly, the amenities were great and everything was spotless. We stayed for one night only and they were happy to hold our bags for us before and after we checked in and out which allowed us to travel freely around the city. We didn't try the breakfast but the hotel's restaurant is amazing for an affordable and wonderful dining experience.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank PickyT2
Reviewed 4 September 2019

Good room, clean, with very good connection to internet. The breakfast is of good quality and quantity. The most important is the excellent localization, near the heart of the city, close to the principal institutions.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank H7830QRcarlosf
Reviewed 25 August 2019 via mobile

Initial impression was of amazement as the front is nothing like the photos show. The lobby is being worked on so a bit of a hassle with amenities. Lets start with the......

Cons - Not impressed with the front desk staff trying to push a room upgrade to a more expensive room, bar was sort of worked on so it was closed off and couldn’t be used. Room was very small and to be honest it wasn’t that clean. The walls were dirty and the skirting boards were scuffed in loads of places. Who in their right mind puts a bless door to the toilet/shower room(be it a frosted one) it still is not the usual thing. Tiles cracked and no extractor fan so the room was turned into a sauna. The quilts provided were stained. The daily cleaning was by ‘invite’ only by placing a tag on the door and the same for fresh towels. When the beds were made that is all that was done and the sheets were not changed unless asked. The hotel was very noisy with people slamming doors especially at night and as it’s very close to the train/metro the rumbling trains can be felt. Front desk staff were not that accommodating when asked questions about transport and immediately pointed to the taxi service. It would be great to have just one English Channel to watch, the exception was BBC News. No bottled water in the room(upgraded room only). No explanation that when you enter the room you have to place one of the magnetic cards into a slot to activate the lighting system.

Pros- very close to the centre, excellent breakfast. Housekeeping & Restaurant staff were very helpful.

I have traveled extensively on business and leisure so do have experience of different hotels but no way would I rate this as a 4 Star hotel, the most that I would be prepared to give would be 3 Stars. Unfortunately I will have to pass on any future stays in this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank paulhavers9
NoeliaPais, Director de Relaciones Públicas at NH Madrid Nacional, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2019

Dear Paul,

Thank you for sharing your experience at NH Nacional Hotel.

We really appreciate your extended comment with pros and cons. Thanks to comments like yours, we get able to keep improving our facilities and services. We have took note and started working on them.

Hope we can welcome you back in your next trip to Madrid so we can offer you now a perfect stay.
Do not hesitate to directly manage your reservation and put myself on your disposal.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 23 August 2019

Upon arrival was asked for a credit card for incidentals. Fine, no problem. Sir, do you have the card you paid for the stay with? (Pre-paid in advance 6 weeks ago). No, sorry. They were legitimately angry with me for not having the card I paid with me. So they spent 10 minutes, refunding the stay to my original card and charging the new card the same amount. Fine, there must be a reason. Anyway, they still seemed angry with me, handed me my key card, didn’t say welcome or smile or tell me anything about the hotel.

Hotel room was very basic, tv remote didn’t work (had batteries but hasn’t been synced), internal room so windows were into an internal space, doors/walls were very thin (heard cleaners making no attempt to stay quiet every morning in the hallway). Shower was excellent.

On final day I had a 3pm checkout through my online payment and NH Hotels lazy Sunday promotion, got up early, went back to bed to get my siesta, woken up with call from reception at 12:30. Sir, you are checking out today? Your checkout is at 12. No, I booked online and have a 3pm checkout, I have it here on my confirmation email. I will check and call you back. Waited, waited, waited, no call back. By this time my nap is ruined and I am utterly annoyed with my whole stay.

I travel a lot, throughout the world, and I have a high tolerance for people, places and hotels. I rarely complain about anything, and can’t remember ever writing a bad review but this was my first ever stay in a NH hotel, and from the moment I arrived I wished I had booked the Radisson Blu around the corner where I stayed last time I was in Madrid.

The staff didn’t seem interested and didn’t seem to care, they always seemed to be talking to each other instead of dealing with and helping guests and I don’t think I ever saw a smile from a member of staff my whole stay.

Hugely disappointing to say the least.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank GuyCathro
NoeliaPais, Director de Relaciones Públicas at NH Madrid Nacional, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2019

Dear GuyCathro,

First of all, thank you for sharing your experience at NH Nacional Hotel.

We are really sad to read your comment and to know we hadn't been able to achieve your expectations.
We do appreciate you have shared all this information with us, so we get able to keep improving our services.

Regarding the request we have done during the check-in, let us inform you that now we have a new procedure. We need to verify that the credit card used for prepayment belongs to the client, as per security reasons. In case we cannot verify this information, we refund the money and charge it again with a new credit card provided by the client personally. Sorry if we did not explain this procedure properly.

With regards to the late check-out, you were right you had it included. Sorry for the misunderstanding and the inconveniences we may cost.

Hope we will have the chance to have the opportunity to welcome you back. We know we are able to offer you a perfect stay.
Do not hesitate to directly contact to me, I will be glad to check your reservation and attend you personally.

Yours faithfully,