“Disgusting!!!!”

Ranked #8,748 of 11,282 Restaurants in Madrid
Neighbourhood: Centro
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Me and my partner called in here as it looked a lovely little restaraunt were we could rest our feet and have some lunch...initially our order was refused because it was in broken spanish/english as although trying to learn neither myself or partner are fluent, eventually we both ordered pizza and a beer. First i saw one of the employee/owners open 2 pre packaged pizzas from the freezer before placing it in the oven...we the waited approximatley 45 minutes with no food. A second employee/owner then noticed the smell of burning and notified the first who had completey forgot about the pizzas in the oven. He removed the pizza and took them in to back...after a further 10 minutes he brought 2 severely burnt pizzas which resembled cardboard to us with Tomato Ketchup covering all the blackened burnt bits. At this point myself and my partner refused to eat and pay for the food. However we were still charged 6euro for the beers and the owner expected a tip-clearly none was given. Only wish i had seen these warnings first.

1  Thank 20Traveller_28

Reviewed 8 March 2012

My boyfriend and I have just come back from Madrid with this place being the only bad experience of the whole trip. We ordered breakfast eggs and bacon and toast. WE got 2 eggs covered in fat and 2 skinny pieces of bacon and a very small piece of dry baguette. Two digusting coffees and 2small orange juice. This came to 27 euros our bill was just the amount on a piece of paper.

Avoid this place.

1  Thank streetka2005
Reviewed 6 December 2011

What can I say? My (pregnant) wife ordered a pizza, I had a paella. The pizza was frozen, and first served to my wife cold. I complained, and they put the same pizza back under the grill, then forgot about it.

The less said about the paella the better. It appeared to be a microwave packed of rice with some chicken bones in it, served in a plastic imitation of a paella pan. I ate about three mouthfuls. After reminding them about the pizza, and then explaining that my wife couldn't eat it as it had been cooked and then reheated, they insisted that I pay the entire bill.

The experience came close to ruining our entire experience of Madrid. The misogynistic waiters appeared to take great delight in ripping off tourists. I would honestly rather starve than ever set foot in this establishment again.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

See my comment, I don't have been in such a bad cerveceria. I can't day more about it, because it' s too bad..........

Reviewed 28 June 2011

My wife and I had a late lunch at the restaurant after a good sightseeing day. My wife ordered a chicken meal and I had a pizza. We were astonished as to the quality of food served; we were quite surprised they are still open for business. My wife was served with a chicken that is probably not edible and the pizza was of the frozen kind.

Travelers be warned; we got caught up in the atmosphere of the area and presumed the restaurant may be a good place to unwind and have a break. If so, just order drinks and do not eat there whatever you do.

2  Thank alvinandmapet