“A great base for a holiday in Madrid”
Review of Cason del Tormes

Cason del Tormes
Ranked #155 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
York, United Kingdom
“A great base for a holiday in Madrid”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Cason del Tormes for seven nights, returning yesterday from our holiday. I can highly recommend this hotel which, although rated three star, is of a high standard in all respects. I would give it top marks for cleanliness, helpfulness of the staff, enjoyable breakfast and for the standard of room. For convenience, it couldn't be bettered; we were right in the centre of Madrid with easy access to all the main sites. We didn't need to use public transport as most places were within walking distance. My only quibbles would be that our room was facing the front and we had a lot of noise on Friday and Saturday night; also I was expecting a bath and we got a shower. However, these are minor points and don't detract from the overall standard. I would certainly stay here again if I visit Madrid in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leodis57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a four night stay in Madrid. Cant praise this hotel enough. Spotlessly clean and very spacious room. The breakfast was basic but everything was well presented, fresh and tasty. The staff were very helpful and all spoke good English. Will recomnend this hotel if any friends visit Madrid.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank befraser16
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here for two nights in March. The staff were all so welcoming and were very happy to help. The location is perfect - very close to underground station and it is easy to walk to many places of note. There are some excellent small cafes and restaurants around there. I absolutely recommend this hotel. The price represents excellent value for money. I fully enjoyed this stay and would love to go back to Madrid. If I do, I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the front of the hotel but it was not noisy at all.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liam E
ANTONIO R, Gerente at Cason del Tormes, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Sir: We are taking this opportunity to thank you for the comments and suggestions
you have sent us after your recent stay. We look forward to having you again
in the near future. Many thanks and best regards.
Antonio Rodriguez. Manager
London
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed 4 nights' stay. Location excellent. Walking distance to many tourists attractions yet surprisingly quiet and peaceful at night. During the day the building works opposite didn't disturb us but we had a room towards the rear of the hotel.
Rooms a bit tired but clean and comfortable. Reception foyer pleasant with PCs available for guests to use. Dining room and breakfast good.
Hotel staff helpful and friendly. We would have liked a kettle and tea/coffee making facilities but would definitely recommend for a short stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HFG10AO
Portsmouth England
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed for three nights, during our stay the building opposite was beginning demolished, we started out with no view and by the end we had a view of the park. True it was rather noisy first thing in the morning on a work day but I assume that these works will now be finished, who wants to stay in bed when there is so much to see and do anyway. The hotel staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble, the rooms were clean and tidy and the breakfast lived up to the other reviews that we had read. The hotel is situated within walking distance of all the major attractions and the station is a two minute walk away. I would recommend this hotel to anybody planning a break in Madrid.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ratt99
Adelaide
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I spent five nights at this hotel. And I loved it. Unfortunately there's building works going on and while i was there jack hammers that began around 8-9am.

The hotel staff are incredibly helpful and polite. I was given another room as I like to be able to come back to the hotel when I want, leave when i want and noise bothers me. Especially jack hammers. The noise stops around 5pm. I don't think it would bother people who are on a tight schedule and leave early and come back late. The noise affects the rooms in front.

The hotel is clean and comfortable. The breakfast is adequate, croissants, the usual accompaniments, some bacon and eggs and a great coffee machine. Rooms are serviced everyday and a great little cafe/bar/restaurant around corner for some free tapas and wine if you rock in late.

It's walking distance to most places and two minutes from the palace, twenty minute walk to Goya's tomb and painting, 10 minutes to mayor street ... Location is great.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter duentombuilding works.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank huntinginthejungle
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 12 October 2013

It's surely over 3 stars. Nicest hotel, perfect location. Staff is very helpful. Great value, and the room is spacious and comfortable. Excellent for travelling around. It's hidden from the main road, so no noise, but just a minute walk to Gran Via. Really recommend the hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank IrishaKy
ANTONIO R, Director General at Cason del Tormes, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear client: Thank you for your comments. It is very important for us to know the
opinion of our clients, mainly when the experience has been so positive. We hope
to see you again in your next visit to Madrid. Kind regards.
Antonio Rodriguez. Manager