We stayed 6 nights at the Atlantico and had two rooms, one for my wife and I and one for our two daughters. The hotel had a promotion that discounted the rooms based on length of stay so we were thrilled with the value. Although we reserved two standard doubles, they upgraded our room to a deluxe (very nice of them!). I would highly recommend the deluxe room if you are staying for more than one or two nights. The room is bigger, the bathroom is bigger, and the beds are more comfortable than the standard. Air conditioning worked great in both rooms, so did the wireless internet which was refreshingly fast by hotel standards. We had no problems at all with the rooms.
We did our research here before choosing this hotel and some reviews had comments about location, noise, and the breakfast that I'd like to give some feedback on. First, the location was outstanding. We were visiting for leisure and the central location really worked well for us. We never felt unsafe in the area around the hotel. Plenty of destinations within walking distance, easy access to cabs, the metro, the bus and a short cab ride to Atocha Station. How awesome was it to spend a couple hours in La Latina district enjoying the food and drink and then having an easy walk back to the hotel?
Noise. Our room was right on Gran Villa. If you look at a picture of the hotel you'll see the big blue sign in front, I could reach out my window and touch it. With the window open it sounded like you are on a busy city street because......you are! Close the window and the shutter and the street noise is barely noticeable. Seriously, I'm surprised anyone had negative comments about noise.
We had breakfast in the hotel 3 of the 6 mornings. We all thought that for 9euro per person it was very reasonable for the quality, quantity and selection available. If you're just looking for a cafe con leche and a croissant it would not make sense to eat there, but as a family of four that likes to eat a decent breakfast, we thought it was great.
All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would absolutely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Atlantico offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel has 2 terraces with panoramic views of the city. Rooms are soundproofed and feature a classic decor. Each one has flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, minibar, ironing facilities and a private bathroom. Atlantico Hotel has an elegant cafe-bar and a daily buffet breakfast. In the area you will find a wide range of shops and dining options. Chueca District is 500 metres away and has a lively nightlife. Staff at the 24-hour reception can offer tourist information, and luggage storage is available. A free transfer to the hotel from Madrid’s Barajas Airport is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid