I stayed in the Hotel Atlantico for two nights prior to a trip to northern Spain. As this was a budget trip the Atlantico was at the top of my small budget but I'm glad I decided against the more basic hotels/hostals. The location is perfect. Just outside Callao. It's all marble cool as you enter the lobby with a modern feel to a beautiful building.
I was in a room on the fourth floor which faced the back. The room decoration is pretty and stylish. White with pale blue designs like Wedgwood. Air conditioning worked perfectly. Robe and slippers were a nice touch as was the pottery bull gift.
As I was at the back of the hotel my room was very quiet. And dark. Perfect for a lie in after a tiring journey. Bathroom was clean and seemed almost new. Strong shower and good range of complimentary toilettries.
On the downside there was only a tiny side window in the room so if you like a view you may want to ask for one. It didn't bother me as I don't spend much time there. The bed was also a little small but I had booked a single room so the doubles are probably bigger. The receptionist was also a little frosty - not very welcoming but efficient. There is a bar on the top floor with views but I didn't get chance to use it.
If you are on a budget I would try and find the extra for the luxury you get here for a reasonable price. If you aren't on a budget then don't bother looking at pricier hotels! Wished I was staying back here on returning to Madrid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Atlantico offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel has 2 terraces with panoramic views of the city. Rooms are soundproofed and feature a classic decor. Each one has flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, minibar, ironing facilities and a private bathroom. Atlantico Hotel has an elegant cafe-bar and a daily buffet breakfast. In the area you will find a wide range of shops and dining options. Chueca District is 500 metres away and has a lively nightlife. Staff at the 24-hour reception can offer tourist information, and luggage storage is available. A free transfer to the hotel from Madrid’s Barajas Airport is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid