“Great location”

Ranked #21 of 445 Hotels in Madrid
California
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel has a great location. The staff is polite and professional. The rooftop bar has a wonderful view and worth the trip up there. The rooms were nice and it was quiet in the hotel. There is a metro stop very close by and it was easy to get to by public transportation from the airport. My only complaint is we were overcharged (charged twice) on our one trip to have breakfast and unfortunately there was no way to dispute the charge. I would stay there again but not utilize the breakfast buffet to avoid the error. I would also recommend to family and friends.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank boarlady
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear boarlady.

Thank you for your review and for your nice comments about your stay.

On the other hand, I am really very sorry if we have charged breakfast twice by mistake. Please send and e-mail to the hotel e-mail address and to my attention and I will contact you immediatly in order to solve this matter.

Waiting for your e-mail and apologizing again by the mistake.

Kind regards,
Assistant Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Washington, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel is very convenient to three subway stops (lines 1, 2, 3 and 5). There are lots of good restaurants and shopping in the area. Half of the rooms (I believe the odd numbered) face an inner courtyard and are surprisingly quiet, given the location. The courtyard does not provide much natural light, however. The rooms have been remodeled and the bathrooms are spectacular. The furnishings are comfortable, although the king bed is a bit short. Every staff member was helpful and friendly.

3 Thank 01dFo1ks
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear 01dFo1ks.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us. Whilst I'm pleased to note that we fully met your expectations in terms of service and product, I am very sorry to read your rooms had not enough natural light and your bed was not long enough for you. I apologize for these inconveniences and thank you very much for all your suggestions, helping us to constantly increasing our standards.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and remain at your disposal for any further assistance you might need.

Warmest regards,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed in 2 different hotels during our stay in Madrid, the first night we stayed at the hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor but chose the Atlantico for the remaining nights due to a great price on the booking site (123.00 per night US$) the reviews and it being the number 2 hotel on tripadvisor. The location is on a the busy Grand Via but we had a room facing the interior so no street noise. However the walls are so thin we heard the people next to us having a conversation at night and every single door closing (seemed like even the ones on other floors) at night and early in the morning, it was very noisy. The room itself was clean and modern, as well as the bathroom, beds not so comfy and big flat pillows. Nice terrace, friendly staff but the noise was really awful. Should have stayed at the Catalonia longer.

2 Thank Lazarini21
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Lazarini21,

Thank you very much for letting us know your inconveniences regarding your stay at the Hotel Atlántico and we appreciated the time you have taken to bring this matter to our attention.

I apologize for not exceeding your expectations regarding the noise inside the hotel. About the pillows I inform you that all our wardrobes in rooms have different pillows to the others on the bed in order you can choose the best pillow for you. Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort this may have caused and please make sure that your comments have been passed onto the appropriate department for corrective action. Your feedback is a vital part of our business and it is through your constructive comments that we are able to improve the service we offer guests in our hotel.

We would like to thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and we do hope you will allow us the opportunity to accomodate you again on some future occasion.

Faithfully yours,
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I spent a week in Madrid in February. We really loved hotel Atantico. The staff were friendly,helpful and professional. The bar at the top of the hotel is vey elegant. A great place to unwind at the end of the day. Daniel the bartender does an excellent job. The location is perfect. We walked everywhere. Easy walking distances to the some world class gallery's and museums.the room was very clean.the bathroom was excellent.our room was a little small but overall our experience at this hotl was excellent. Stay here when you are in. Madrid.

4 Thank Susan Lea M
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Susan Lea M.

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at the Hotel Atlantico. I'm delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us, because our location only to a few minutes from the main sights of the city. I am most pleased of all thought that you enjoyed our service which is what we work hardest at. I am delighted to read that Daniel took such good care of you in the bar. To convey a genuine feeling of being in a home from home is exactly what we strive for so I'm delighted that you felt we delivered on this for you.

I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back to Hotel Atlantico again soon.

Kindest regards,
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Just back from three nights at the Atlantico with my wife. It really is in an excellent location on Gran Via, right opposite the entrance to the Callao metro station and within five mins walk from Puerto Del Sol.

The hotel was spotlessly clean and our Superior room was excellent. We're well used to travelling to hotels and sleeping in twin beds so that wasn't an issue for us. The bathroom was also spotless with an excellent shower.

The only small downside was a lack of view, but that's no surprise given the design of the building. The bulk of guests won't have a view of Gran Via.

All staff were pleasant and friendly to us and I'd have no hesitation in going back there again.

NB: we didn't have breakfast there once and also didn't visit the bar, but I'm happy to still give it five stars based on the quality of room/hotel versus the cost we paid.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gee D
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Gee D.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here and for your stay. We are happy to read you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your kind appreciation of our staff and hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Warmest Regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The location of the hotel can't be beat. Most major tourists attractions, tons of resturants, bars, shops etc. are all oustide the front door. The metro subway is also across the street. The hotel is a small boutique style hotel and certainly isn't anything like the 4-5 star hotel chains. Pros: Location is perfect, rooms are clean, bathrooms are clean and the rooms seem to be fairly newly renovated. The bathroom is stocked with toiletries (shampoo, dental kit, sewing kit, lotion, shower gel) however, for some reason they do not supply conditioner at that hotel? Odd. The breakfast is an extra $10 Euros and is well worth it. They had a great selection of cereal, fruits, pastries, eggs, sausage etc. The service people in the resturant are outstanding and very friendly. The front desk staff was very helpful, they provided me with a map and directions to several places. They aren't very personable, but they are helpful. They also have a shuttle pick up and drop off at the airport. You have to make reservations in advance. I took a cab and it was a $30 Euro flat fair and fairly easy to get. Cons: the walls are SUPER thin and you can hear everything. However, I was in room 404 and only heard people coming or going, I was able to sleep fine. There is no view, I had window with the view of a wall and some sort of fountain. But who goes to Madrid to stay in their rooms. So that was fine. Pillows...they only give you one body long pillow for your head. I am not sure how people can use that as a head pillow. They really need smaller head pillows for the beds. Beds are firm, European style twin and cozy enough. You must try the local fare, paella, tapas, churros etc. If you have time book the trip to Avila and Segovia through Pullman or Julia travels, you won't be disappointed. All in all, the hotel was a pleasant experience and would defintely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank MariaP123
Dear MariaP123.

Let me start by thanking you for completing our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Thank you for your honest observations and feedback. It is glad to see this high score in most of the items.

On the other hand I am very sorry because the noise in your room. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

With reference to the pillows, note that note all our wardrobes in rooms have two different pillows to the others on the bed in order you can choose the best pillow for you. This information is also included in the Directory of Services in the room.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Zurich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was looking forward to dtaying at the hotel as the reviews are all very good. I stayed with my girlfriend and therefore we wanted a queensize bed. When we checked in, we got a room with twin beds and therefore we asked to change it. The hotel's personnel at the front desk was, however, not very amused and asked us three times if we really want to change. I did not feel welcome after all as I had to insist on a room which I asked for in advance.
However, the room we got was very clean and nice. We were only disappointed of the service as it was not four star like.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank mish3000
Dear mish3000.

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.I regret that the staff was not up to the service required and that did not meet your expectations Sorry that the staff was not up to your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.