What can I say? You know when you read reviews before you book a hotel and once you've booked, you hope it meets your expectations... This one absolutely EXCEEDED our expectations!! The hotel is around 20-30 mins from the airport in a cab (30 euro fixed price) and is situated in the middle of Madrid. We managed to see all of Madrid by foot and had no need to use the metro (there a millions everywhere). All your tourist spots are within 10-20 mins walking distance from the hotel. Plaza Mayor and De Sol are 10 mins away walking. Being a keen football fan, we had to take a cab to football stadium as this is a little bit out the way. Gran Via is the shopping street and is surrounded by shops like Zara, H&M, McDonalds, KFC and tapas restaurants - There's a Nike shop next door to the hotel...
Anyway.. Back to the hotel... Fantastic 9 floor hotel with a rooftop bar. Hotel staff were absolutely helpful and they give you a really good map of the city which I recommend you get as its soo simple to follow and see the sights.. The room was bigger than expected and clean! We stayed on the 8th floor and the room had everything needed for a 5 night stay.. His & her sinks, double shower with a big shower head (ended up having 2 showers a day.. lol) TV, mini bar, safe and a huge bed!! +++ FREE WIFI :-)
We would like to thank Hotel Atlantico for the wonderful stay and would definately stay with you again if we decide to return to Madrid again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Atlantico offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel has 2 terraces with panoramic views of the city. Rooms are soundproofed and feature a classic decor. Each one has flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, minibar, ironing facilities and a private bathroom. Atlantico Hotel has an elegant cafe-bar and a daily buffet breakfast. In the area you will find a wide range of shops and dining options. Chueca District is 500 metres away and has a lively nightlife. Staff at the 24-hour reception can offer tourist information, and luggage storage is available. A free transfer to the hotel from Madrid’s Barajas Airport is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid