We spent 4 nights at this hotel. We drove to Madrid from San Sebastian, driving around Madrid and trying to find this hotel, and then looking for the Avis office to drop off the car was a little hairy. I think if we had done a bit of research to figure out where the Avis office was in relations to the hotel, it would have lessened the pain.
The hotel is beautiful, but on a very busy street, "the" Grand Via. The street is always packed with people, tourists, cars, vendors (and watch out for petty theft). Within minutes, you can walk to the pedestrian walkways, the countless squares and alleys, down to the palace and the opera house. While the hotel is in a touristy and busy part of Madrid, once you step inside the hotel, it is another world altogether, it was very quiet. The service at the front desk was pleasant and very efficient (not over the top). The superior room that we had was beautiful, the double-pane window made the room completely quiet, we had a balcony overlooking the city. The bathroom was gorgeous, marble everywhere, and spotless! They have a wonderful roof top terrace with views to die for, very spacious with several different terrace areas, lounges and a bar. We spent sometime with friends who joined us, and sat on the terrace with drinks and snacks for a few hours to visit and chat. We had privacy, and there was no one else there to bother us. The room rate was extremely competitive, we were very happy with this choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Atlantico offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel has 2 terraces with panoramic views of the city. Rooms are soundproofed and feature a classic decor. Each one has flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, minibar, ironing facilities and a private bathroom. Atlantico Hotel has an elegant cafe-bar and a daily buffet breakfast. In the area you will find a wide range of shops and dining options. Chueca District is 500 metres away and has a lively nightlife. Staff at the 24-hour reception can offer tourist information, and luggage storage is available. A free transfer to the hotel from Madrid’s Barajas Airport is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid