We spent three nights here in May.
We arrived quite early for check in and was told that there wasn't a room available yet, so they sent us up to the restaurant where breakfast was still being served. By the time we had a cup of coffee and were ready to head out for some sightseeing (whilst they kept our bags), when we got downstairs we were informed there was now a room ready for us and they had given us an upgrade as well.
The staff were all excellent. Those at the front desk spoke excellent English and were very helpful with our questions regarding train times and restaurants.
The room itself was nicely appointed with quite sufficient room and was very clean. It was a lovely king size bed and we slept well. We overlooked the main street and it was a bit noisy during the day sometimes with quite a number of emergency vehicles screaming past but we did not find it a problem at night.
The hotel itself is a lovely french epoque style building. The buffet breakfast was good value for money and had quite a good selection. We normally go eat at a cafe rather than pay exorbitant prices at the hotel for a huge buffet selection which you can't get though, but the buffet breakfast here was good value for money.
We had coffee and drinks a number of times up on the top floor which was a very nice area. Unfortunately it was quite cold and windy whilst we where there so we didn't venture out onto the outside sitting areas. On a nice day they would have been lovely.
As mentioned by others, the location is excellent. You are within walking distance of most of the sights you want to see and there was lots happening in the plaza over the road to keep you entertained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Atlantico offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel has 2 terraces with panoramic views of the city. Rooms are soundproofed and feature a classic decor. Each one has flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, minibar, ironing facilities and a private bathroom. Atlantico Hotel has an elegant cafe-bar and a daily buffet breakfast. In the area you will find a wide range of shops and dining options. Chueca District is 500 metres away and has a lively nightlife. Staff at the 24-hour reception can offer tourist information, and luggage storage is available. A free transfer to the hotel from Madrid’s Barajas Airport is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid