This hotel is a great place to stay located in the smack bag centre. It is no surprise that when I opened my madrid map, "centro" was located almost right on top of the hotel. It is right in the middle of the shopping high street with high street stores just metres away. The hotel really is an oasis as you come out of the hustle and bustle of the Main Street into the tranquil hotel. The hotel is a great base to explore madrid.
The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was a very nice size with a large comfortable bed. Extra pillows etc are all in the wardrobe along with dressing gowns and hotel slippers. The bathroom was large and fully tiled with x2 basins. The shower was hot and powerful. Same poor hair dryer, that would struggle to dry a flea however. Good number of towels and good size. The air conditioning was good. Everything was impeccably clean. In our room 705 there was a small balcony which overlooked the street (see photo). The room was quiet enough insulated from the noise outside. The same can't be said for the internal walls. A loud spanish couple chatting away next door was a slight inconvenience for the short term.
The breakfast was reasonable for a few days stay, not a massive choice but enough. It is 10 euro per person but probably worth the money if you eat big for breakfast to prepare you for the day ahead. It has all the continental favourites, hams, cheeses, fruit etc. cereal, yogurts, breads, sweet cakes, juices, coffee machines. The hot food is fried eggs, sausages (hot dogs), bacon (European variety 90% fat, 10% bacon), spanish eggs and fried potatoes. All in all a good selection to set you for the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Atlantico offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel has 2 terraces with panoramic views of the city. Rooms are soundproofed and feature a classic decor. Each one has flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, minibar, ironing facilities and a private bathroom. Atlantico Hotel has an elegant cafe-bar and a daily buffet breakfast. In the area you will find a wide range of shops and dining options. Chueca District is 500 metres away and has a lively nightlife. Staff at the 24-hour reception can offer tourist information, and luggage storage is available. A free transfer to the hotel from Madrid’s Barajas Airport is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid