The Hotel Atlantico, Madrid on the Grand Via is first class! Our room was immaculate and the service outstanding. The hotel staff were very warm, friendly and helpful. Javiar at reception spoke English perfectly. He always had a welcome smile and nod for guests and paid great attention to details to ensure a good experience for us as guests of the hotel. He went out of his way to personally drop postcards in the mail for me to ensure they got deposited in the correct postal stream (Apparently Spain has two competing services). The other reception personnel were equally, efficient , professional, courteous and pleasant.
Our room was on the 4th floor to what I assume is the west side of the building. The noise from the busy Grand Via street and Carao square across the street did not bother us when the windows were closed. The Atlantico's location is excellent. It is steps from the metro and just off one of the streets leading to Plaza del Sol. We had the convenience of being minutes from Plaza del Sol without the expense and noise of a hotel directly off of Plaza del Sol. It was also steps from the red tourist bus stop. Perfect!
Our chamber maids left cards with their first names for us in the room so should we require anything we could ask for them. Each evening they would return to the room to turn down the tightly tucked sheets and leave a gold coloured little cloth satchel with two gold wrapped milk chocolate squares on the bed.
Atlantico goes the distance to when it comes to attention to detail to provide top notch service. We used the hotels private airport shuttle service for 8 Euros per person to get to the airport. This was fast and extremely reasonable.
I would definitely return to this luxurious hotel the next time I visit Madrid. It was an absolute pleasure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Atlantico offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel has 2 terraces with panoramic views of the city. Rooms are soundproofed and feature a classic decor. Each one has flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, minibar, ironing facilities and a private bathroom. Atlantico Hotel has an elegant cafe-bar and a daily buffet breakfast. In the area you will find a wide range of shops and dining options. Chueca District is 500 metres away and has a lively nightlife. Staff at the 24-hour reception can offer tourist information, and luggage storage is available. A free transfer to the hotel from Madrid’s Barajas Airport is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro