“Hotel Atlantico is the Perfect Madrid Hotel”
Review of Hotel Atlantico

Hotel Atlantico
Ranked #22 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband, two sons, and I recently spent a week in Madrid at the Hotel Atlantico. We were extremely pleased with the location (right between two subway stops on Gran Via), the beautifully appointed rooms (fantastic bathroom, linens, decor, everything immaculately clean), and the wonderful staff who helped us with any requests we had, especially the lovely, kind and patient Bernadette. The 9th floor lounge with a bar and outdoor terraces provided a much appreciated respite after days of touring around plus the view from up there is spectacular, especially at sunset. This hotel does not have a full service restaurant or room service but it does have a very nice breakfast buffet for only 10 euros. There are plenty of dining options right on and around Gran Via and we did not miss room service at all.

I highly recommend Hotel Atlantico if you are traveling to Madrid!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear MichaelE Family,

Thank you very much for your lovely comment. We are very pleased to read that you and your family had a comfortable stay with us and that you have enjoyed everything about our hotel included the central location, which we know how important is to make easier visiting the city, cleaning and hotel. I am delighted to read that Bernadette took such good care of you during her stay. She was delighted to read your comment as she does really go out of her way to make sure all our guests have a wonderful time.

We really hope there'll be another chance to have you all here soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel sets a very high standard! I am in a wheelchair and the disabled access room is very large and well set out. This hotel feels similar to a number of 5 star hotels we have visited, in fact my husband and I felt the only reason that perhaps it is not 5 star is that it does not offer room service.
The hotel concierge was most helpful, and gave us some great advice about getting train tickets from El Corte Ingles, the large department store across the road - we also used the post office, the very large and good food court (which also has great views of the city), and the supermarket.
The hotel has good wi-fi throughout and we enjoyed some drinks at the rooftop bar on a few occassions, the lovely barman on the first night explained and put ramps down so I could access the rooftop. The barman on the following night was not so helpful but when we suggested the ramps he relunctantly helped (the only issue we had the whole time).
The breakfast in the hotel was very good and the lovely gentleman endulged us each morning with some elementary Spanish we tested on him.

Room Tip: The wheelchair accessible room is #603
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DisTrav.

Thank you very much for your great feedback, it really means a lot for our team and is much appreciated. Really glad to hear that our facilities and services for your wheelchair were useful and comfortable for you during your stay.

I will share your comments to the concierge and the barman. They take great pride in their service efforts. I apologize if the other barman was not as helpful as you expected. I've talked with him and he apologizes if you found him not very helpful since it was not his intention.

The Hotel Atlántico values your business and considers you one of our most important customers. We look forward to hosting you again.

Best regards.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Centrally located with easy access to everything, huge rooms and hughly efficient staff, everything was easy from the check in to the stay and check out.

Good air conditioning which is a boon in the madrid summer and access to simple facilities like ironing boards and good amenities means that this hotel is not only one of the best in Madrid but has a value that is unbeatable.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 September 2014

Dear Justin T.

First of all thank you for this wonderful review and for your recommendations. Thank you for your kind comments and consideration. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here.I will share your comments with the entire staff.

Hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed in a single room on the 5th floor beginning of August
Room was clean, I didn't so much mind that the furnishings were outdated- I was out most of the day. I'm 5'5 and my feet seems to hang off the end of the bed' so I slept diagonally- but if you are very tall, could be an issue. Great location- centrally located and close to metro stops. 20 minute walk to the museum. Breakfast was fine for 10 euros. Overall quiet and friendly staff. I would recommend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Good morning rella118.

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at Hotel Atlántico and we are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us

We deeply apologize that your bed was not as long as it should. If this happens next time, please report immediately to reception to get change to a queen size.

Thank you very much for your remark which constantly help us in improving our standards and the service to our guests.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great location for touring Madrid. In the middle of everything, including all tourist spots, restaurants and shops (and supermarkets).

Rooms are of reasonably size and a big bathroom. Always spotless clean. The reception is at times undermanned and could be rude.

Highly recommend for those, in particular first timers, who tour Madrid.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hello Francis057

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Hotel Atlántico and for your recommendation.

On the other hand, I am very sorry to hear that the treatment received by the reception staff has not met your expectations. I have already informed to all the Front Desk Staff, included the Manager, in order to solve this matter and that such incidents do not occur anymore in the future.

We are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your remark constantly help us in improving our standards and the service to our guests.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked a last minute weekend trip to Madrid with my mum as ...well ... sometimes you just need to get away and it was brilliant.
The hotel is stunning and has a wonderful terrace where you can sit and just watch the world go by. The staff were very friendly and ready to help with any queries or requests that you had.

the hotel is located on Gran Via which is basically in the heart of Madrid. All the major Tourist attractions were either within walking distance or on the route of the hop on hop off tourist bus which stopped two minute walk up the road.

I would whole heartily recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit a truly wonderful city. will definitely return, !!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hello Victoria2619.

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am delighted to note that you and your mum enjoyed your stay with us. Most of all though I am especially pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff I always feel is the most important and lasting memory of a hotel.

Finally thanks for the compliments to our city and your recommendations to other travelers.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights during August and we were not disappointed. My wife is a wheelchair user and we requested this during the booking process (as they advised) when I checked the week before via email I had a prompt response back saying they had allocated us an adapted room.
The room was spacious, clean, air conditioned and a huge bathroom with a wheel in shower (with removable seat), adjustable height sink, toilet with grab rails and Bidet. There were alarm buttons throughout the room and bathroom. Take note, however, that the bathroom floor is tiled and can be very slippery when wet. The wardrobe had a pull down clothes rail so my wife could reach independently. The Bed was very comfortable and the sheets were changed everyday, and every other day we had chocolates left by the housekeeping staff. We had an room that was inward looking so basically looked out on an enclosed courtyard so the room was dark but this didn't matter to us as it meant we could get plenty of sleep! At the bottom of the courtyard was a fountain to make it look nicer, no one has access to the fountain it is decorative and a nice little touch.
There was free WiFi throughout the hotel, not just in certain areas, it always worked and was a decent speed.
Breakfast - if you are looking for a hotel that will serve a "Full English" then you will be disappointed, they had bacon, small sausages, fried, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, with Ketchup and a toaster but we didn't eat any of this. We went for the wonderful continental buffet with fresh rolls, pastries, meats and cheeses. There was also fresh and dried fruit with a selection of Yoghurts. Coffee is via a machine - if you simply select Black Coffee you will get an Espresso if you want a normal sized cup select filter coffee. If you want Tea simply ask one of the friendly staff (Usually 2 on) and they will make you a pot and bring it to you.
On the 9th floor there is a small "Business centre" (more of a meeting room) but there is a lot of space to sit around, talk and relax. There are also 2 small terraces with great views over the city, both terraces have steps leading up to them but if you ask the bar staff (Bar opens at 3:30pm) they will get a portable ramp to allow wheelchair users to access the terraces. On one occasion a cleaner even got the ramp for us! The bar isn't that cheap but also not overpriced, they will bring drinks out to you on the terraces and you can bill your room. There are communal toilets on the 9th floor but sadly not a communal disabled toilet.
99% of the staff we met were very helpful, one in particular "Cloy" who we met doing the upstairs bar and breakfast spoke excellent English and was always very helpful. Nothing was ever a problem for the reception staff, we spoke to them once about a broken remote for the air conditioning and they said they would get it sorted and they did. We booked a flamenco show through them and the lady on reception (forgotten her name) recommended one that had street access (easier for my wife) she rang them up and translated everything for us, found out they had a side entrance with a ramp! When she saw us the next day she asked how the show was and whether there were any problems. When we checked out I asked if I could store our bags for a few hours and it was simply not a problem. We went back about an hour later and asked for a taxi to the airport, when he asked what terminal and I went to find my boarding pass he asked what airline to save me a job. He walked out with our suitcase, got a taxi for us and made sure we got in it ok.
The whole hotel has been decorated to a very high standard and it felt very luxurious from the moment you walked through the door and it wasn't very expensive.
The Location was excellent, Plaza del Sol is about 3 minutes away, Plaza Mayor about 10 minutes, and Santa Anna about 10 minutes.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to go to Madrid for any reason, and if you are a disabled traveller then this hotel will look after you!
I can see why this hotel is rated so highly on tripadvisor it really is excellent as the title says it is the finer details that make this hotel so good.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor and the room was inward facing with little natural light which didn't...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Magicmingus

Hello Magicmingus.

We would like to thank you very much for your wonderful comments but also for your useful remarks. You can be sure that we exceed the standards for the disabled in the Hotel Atlanticol, but we appreciate your suggestions. We are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that Cloy took such good care of you during your stay. He was delighted to read your comment.

I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back to Hotel Atlantico again soon.

Kindest regards