Our first trip to Madrid was marked by a protest march of 10,000 people trying to stop us getting to our hotel by Taxi!After hauling our cases against the tide for half an hour we were very relieved to get to Reception!
We must have looked sorry for ourselves(It WAS HOT!) and the receptionist charmingly up-graded us.We had a good room,fabulous bathroom and constantly replenished towels and toiletries.
We breakfasted every day-the selection on offer for 9 Euros was unbeatable.
It was always easy to hail a taxi right outside and only 50 yards or so to the tourist bus stop.
We would 'nt stay anywhere else-and the friendly staff were a bonus!
Memo to Art Lovers-See the Thyssen-Bornemisza Gallery at all costs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Atlantico offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel has 2 terraces with panoramic views of the city. Rooms are soundproofed and feature a classic decor. Each one has flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, minibar, ironing facilities and a private bathroom. Atlantico Hotel has an elegant cafe-bar and a daily buffet breakfast. In the area you will find a wide range of shops and dining options. Chueca District is 500 metres away and has a lively nightlife. Staff at the 24-hour reception can offer tourist information, and luggage storage is available. A free transfer to the hotel from Madrid’s Barajas Airport is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid