“Great Staff and Location”
Review of Hotel Atlantico

Hotel Atlantico
Ranked #20 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 4 June 2009

We recently stayed at the Hotel Atlantico from May 22 - 26th, from the moment we arrived the staff was extremely accomodating and polite. We arrived to the hotel at 10:00 am and a room was not available when we arrived but I wouldn't expect one to be ready that early. They kept the luggage in a secure location and we met our friends for breakfast. When we returned our room was ready. We received a room on the 7th floor with a balcony overlooking Grand Via. I was initially concerned about the possibility of noise from the street because of the busy area. The window has a roll down shutter which blocked any residual street noise and light from the room. The rooms were very spacious and clean, the baathrooms were very large and I loved the water pressure and the dual shower heads. As a side note, the hotel offered the use of umbrellas that sit in the lobby, what a nice touch as it did rain one of the days of our stay. The locations as stated in many other reviews in excelent, were convenient to 2 Metro stops within one block. Many stores and restaurants nearby are open and just a great area to walk around. I loved the mix of the hustle of the city with the historical buildings. Would very much recommend this hotel to anyone. The bar of the top floor was very nice to enjoy drinks before going to dinner for the evening. We had the best Sangria ever!!!

1  Thank Tour_de_Spain
madridhola, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2009

Dear Mr/Ms Guest:

First of all please note I really appreciate your comments regarding the noise informing that when the roll down shutter all the street noise is blocked. Thank you also for your comments about our staff.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Western Hotel Atlantico

Write a ReviewReviews (3,477)

Reviewed 2 June 2009

Our first trip to Madrid was marked by a protest march of 10,000 people trying to stop us getting to our hotel by Taxi!After hauling our cases against the tide for half an hour we were very relieved to get to Reception!
We must have looked sorry for ourselves(It WAS HOT!) and the receptionist charmingly up-graded us.We had a good room,fabulous bathroom and constantly replenished towels and toiletries.
We breakfasted every day-the selection on offer for 9 Euros was unbeatable.
It was always easy to hail a taxi right outside and only 50 yards or so to the tourist bus stop.
We would 'nt stay anywhere else-and the friendly staff were a bonus!
Memo to Art Lovers-See the Thyssen-Bornemisza Gallery at all costs!

Dear Mr/Ms Guest:

Thank you for your comments regarding the bathroom, amenties and breakfast too.

I am very sorry that the protest march disturb you during the arrival, but in this case we can not help you. I hope you understand.

Your referrals are very important to us to encourage our staff and ourselves. All your suggestion will bear in our mind in the future in order to improve our quality and services for our guests.

The Best Western Atlántico values your business and considers you one of our most important customers. We look forward to hosting you again.

Best regards.

Reviewed 1 June 2009

Best Western Atlantico in Madrid is situated on the Gran Via within walking distance to most everything.
The rooftop bar was nice to sit and enjoy the sights and sounds of Gran Via.
Limbo <sic> is the name of the bartender that I met and took time to tell me some of the places to eat tapas.
The double room was large for European hotels (at least the ones we've stayed at) and the bathroom was large with great water pressure.
The price of the hotel was phenomenal for staying on Gran Via.
The staff was always helpful and didn't mind me practicing my horrific Spanish and spoke English well.
We stayed on the Gran Via side and didn't have any problems with noise on the 6th floor.
We would definitely stay in this hotel again on our next visit to Madrid.

Dear Mr/Ms Guest:

Thank you for your nice words with reference your stay at our hotel Best Western Atlántico. Thank you also for your comments about our staff. It is gratifying to hear remarks like yours.

Best regards.

Reviewed 29 May 2009

I have never written a "review" of a hotel in which I haven't stayed, but I feel I must commend this hotel for the seamless, kind and classy service I just received from both the night "crew" (when I accidentally called in the middle of the night from Hawaii) and from Oscar at the front desk when I called to ask if I could cancel a non-refundable reservation. Warm, hospitable, beautiful English (in response to my embarrassing Spanish) and a "no problem!" I've already received an electronic confirmation of my refund. I will definitely stay at Hotel Atlantico when we are able to make it to Madrid. If only all hotels operated with this type of grace, travel would be bliss!

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear guest.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us regarding your problem with the cancellation.

We appreciate customers who let us know when things are right. I am very surprised with your comments.

We always try to do our best with our clients even if the reservation is not finally confirmed and principally when they have some problems.

We look forward to host you in your next visit to Madrid.

Reviewed 27 May 2009

We arrived early morning after an all night flight and were allowed to check in well before the check in time. The room was lovely- clean, spacious, great a/c and a wonderful shower!
The staff was very helpful. The breakfast buffet was very nice and reasonably priced. We were impressed with the hotel and were pleasantly surprised at the quality, based on the fabulous room rates we booked. Every thing we wanted to see was within walking distance, or a quick walk to the metro stop.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family

Dear Mr/Ms Guest:

Let me start by thanking you for completing our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Thank you for all the great comments included in your survey.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 24 May 2009

I choose this hotel from the rave reviws it got from the past visitors here. Let me say that they are not wrong. Right in the heart of the city, it is easily accesible to most of the major attractions. The staff are polite, come up trumps with requests and if they can't....they make sure someone can help!! The rooms are adequate and most importantly clean and all utilities work. I am very picky with places and trust me I leave happy. One and only negative was, there wasn't a restaurant in place for those lazy times when you don't want to leave the comfort of your "base".

This is one hotel I'll sure to visit again......hope you will too!!

Dear Mr/Ms Guest:

I apologize because we have not a restaurant in the hotel. Anyway in the top floor we have a bar with drinks and snacks served. We also offer an assortment of “tapas”, sandwiches, salads and pastries.
Our guests can enjoy magnificent panoramic views of the city from the terraces of the bar.
We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 May 2009

After hearing good things about this place i have to say it was a real let down.

Travelling around the world has made me realise that in Europe you don't get as much for your money as you can in other places, and i've realised not to expect to. But when you pay a decent amount of money you don't expect to be able to stand in the middle of the room and touch both side walls when you stick your arms out either.

One of the risks of being a single traveller and having a single room? maybe, but this place put me in something about the size of a cell you see on TV shows exposing overcrowding in jails.

No matter what i did with the air conditioning it was always unbelievably hot and the 'view' from the window was on to the centre of the hotel and all the air con units. Nice.

Just to continue the theme the walls were wafer thin and things shook like they do when someone slams a door in Fawlty Towers.

The bathroom was decorated in wall to floor 60's style green and yellow circled tiles and was a masterpiece in miniaturisation. If you like sitting on the toilet and banging your knees on the bidet, or standing at the sink brushing your teeth while your heels rub against the side of the bathtub, then you'll have a whale of a time.

The only good thing was the location. Gran Via is a great spot to start exploring the city, but choose one of the other hotels.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank tw2310

Dear Mr/Ms Guest

I apologize for the size of your room, but all our rooms comply with the regulation of the General Tourism Office in Madrid and in this case with the size established by laws for single rooms. Anyway our hotel also offers Deluxe Single rooms bigger than the Standard rooms. Regarding the views your are right all our interior rooms has view to a patio well painted and with some plants to be more comfortable. These rooms have not exterior noise. With reference the noise inside the hotel, next time, please inform the receptionist in order he invite the noisy guests to close the door silently. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying.

Again, I apologize for all the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.