To be honest, despite the great reviews posted on Trip Advisor, we were a bit apprehensive about staying in a hotel that was part of the Best Western chain (typically known for its roadside motels). How wrong we were. The hotel is housed in a beautiful grand building, on one of Madrid's grandest boulevardes. The location was excellent, close to major shops, restaurants and the metro. Our room was on the 8th floor, which gave us easy (lift or stairway) access to the 9th floor, with its rooftop terraces, a bar and a number of lounges to chill out in. Our double room was quite spacious, particularly by European standards, with a large bathroom and two large built in wardrobes. Our window faced an internal courtyard (more a cavity) but this was fine as we were shielded from the noise of the alway busy Gran Via. The bed was extremely comfortable and the furnishings tasteful. The reception staff were all friendly, professional and happy to respond to any queries. The hotel offers an efficient airport transfer service (free from the airport to the hotel and 6 euros from hotel to airport). This was particularly useful when we were leaving Madrid as the city was in the grip of a rail strike and so taxis were almost impossible to hail. In short, this hotel could easily pass as a very decent 5 star hotel. The only thing missing was a pool, which would have been a welcome relief from the hot Madrid Summer days. Excellent value. Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Atlantico offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel has 2 terraces with panoramic views of the city. Rooms are soundproofed and feature a classic decor. Each one has flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, minibar, ironing facilities and a private bathroom. Atlantico Hotel has an elegant cafe-bar and a daily buffet breakfast. In the area you will find a wide range of shops and dining options. Chueca District is 500 metres away and has a lively nightlife. Staff at the 24-hour reception can offer tourist information, and luggage storage is available. A free transfer to the hotel from Madrid’s Barajas Airport is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid