We arrived two days ahead of time as we had booked a tour with Trafalgar. Since we were scheduled to stay at this hotel we decided to book a room there for the first two days. Because of a long flight which arrived early in the morning we arrived at the hotel five hours before check in. I had emailed the front desk asking if we could keep or luggage in the hotel until reservation time. Of course it was agreed that we could leave the suitcases and that we could return after twelve and they would try to have a room available for us. However, other hotel guests from the same tour arrived at the same time and were given a room upon arrival.
The front desk personnel were professional and took care of us without a problem during our check in time. If we had a question during our stay, personnel tried their best to be helpful.
The room we were given was pleasant. Nothing special but the bathroom had extra incidentals for people who forget their toothbrush, razor, paste. The shampoo does double duty as bath soap so, bring your own. I tried the shampoo even though I had my own. Let me advise you that it is better to make the sacrifice and carry your toiletries. You may not like what the shampoo does to your hair. This is especially true if you wash it every day.
Housekeeping is not very good. Our sheets were changed after three days and we had to request that they be changed. Housekeeping seems to be overworked as bed and bathroom were not attended too until late in the day. We were gone from the early morning until late in the day but always came back to an unmade bed and a dirty bathroom. Towels are not replaced if you leave them hanging which we did. We spoke to a very nice housekeeping person and she was helpful in getting our room cleaned right before we went to bed on our second day of our stay. The bathroom had not been cleaned nor the beds made. According to the hotel maid, the door had a "do not disturb" on the door. This was not true. I think that when the maid came by, she was told to come back but she never did and as far as I am concerned, she used the sign issue as an excuse. We never used the door sign during our stay.
The hotel is very close to many restaurants which range from the inexpensive to the higher quality food. The bus station is very close and so are many of the sights you must see.
Breakfast was included and the food available consisted of some fresh fruit, some hot food, cold cuts, eggs, Spanish specialties, coffee, tea, etc. A good value. You may eat as much or as little as you wish.
In spite of the housekeeping issue, I found the location to be excellent and safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafaelhoteles Atocha is located few minutes walking to Madrid-Puerta de Atocha high-speed railway station, near to the main museums of Madrid: Reina Sofia, El Prado, Caixa-Forum and Thyssen-Bornemisza. The hotel has 245 equipped rooms with all the facilities needed to make your stay agreeable and relaxing. The hotel has handicaped rooms and smokers rooms. The restaurant Azafran offers the best dishes of Mediterranean gastronomy. The hotel has 8 meeting rooms, ideal to celebrate events up to 800 attendees. Also a garden terrace is available for outdoor events (capacity up to 40 attendees). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rafaelhoteles Atocha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafaelhoteles Atocha Madrid
- Rafaelhoteles Atocha Hotel Madrid
- Hotel Rafael Atocha
- Atocha Hotel Rafael