“best location hotel”

Vincci Capitol Hotel
Ranked #183 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hotel location is in the center of the center !
Reception people are nice.
Rooms are big and clean. (If possible - order room with view to the city or Gran Via street, upper)
Rich breakfast.
Good WiFi in the Rooms.

Room Tip: If possible - order room with view to the city or Gran Via street, upper floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lironmid
Write a ReviewReviews (1,564)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Vincci Capitol is located in the bustling heart of Madrid's most touristy area. Only a stone's throw away from Plaza Mayor, this hotel is a great place to stay if you want to visit the bustling Gran Via area. The hotel itself was very quiet - well air-conditioned (key for Madrid in the summer), with an extremely friendly staff. The 1920s style decor was also a plus. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jess B
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in march this year my husband took me on a surprise break for my 40th birthday. I can not say anything bad about the hotel or staff.
Excellent customer service rooms cleaned daily and to a great standard.
Excellent location and easy links to transport networks.
Loads of wonderful places to eat and drink and shop along with some stunning places within waking distance of the hotel to visit.
Whilst there I had a knock on the door and to my surprise cleaning staff had seen it was my birthday and sent chocolates and champagne up to my room compliments from the hotel. Lovely touch which completed my stay.
All I will add and it's not a criticism but personal preference I would ask for a room with a view if I get the chance to go back that would have made it even more special.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect. Smack in the middle of Gran Vía, corner of Plaza de Callao, and steps away from Puerta del Sol, so access to most subway lines is easy, as is walking to the main touristic points in the centre (Palacio de Oriente, Opera, Prado Museum, Puerta de Alcalá, Neptune, Cibeles, Parque del Buen Retiro, old Madrid, etc).

The hotel has a full-service restaurant, a SPA, and some public-access terraced areas (I assume for guests only) in the upper floors that offer swift views of the city.
Needless to say, unless you specifically booked a package that includes meals or SPA treatment, these services are pay-per-use (I read a review of someone complaining that the SPA was not included in the price of the room and they considered that to be false advertising... incredible).

We booked the Junior Suite, which unfortunately was not available when we arrived early (way too early do to our flight). The bellperson took care of our bags while we roamed the city, and by the time we came back to the hotel after lunch, all our bags were waiting for us in the room.

The room itself was better than I expected.
Access to it is through a private elevator on the 9th floor. The shape of the room is circular, which I thought would be an issue for my OCD, but it wasn't; there is a divider wall in the middle of the rather large room that separates it into several areas (as you walk inside the room towards the left: bathroom, jacuzzi with somewhat of a view, little corner with table and chairs in the bedroom, bedroom itself with fantastic views of Gran Vía and Callao, work desk area, small living-room area, and a spectacular terrace with views of the Palacio de Oriente.
What with the windows in the bedroom and the large balcony by the living-room area, we had almost 360 degrees of incredible views of the city.

The King bed was comfortable, the espresso machine helpful (though tea was not available), the jacuzzi worked well once you learnt how to operate it, the staff was helpful, responsive, and friendly without being overbearing, and the free wifi didn't suck.
Despite the ongoing craziness of the celebrations and protests (we happened to get there when Spain had won the EuroCup, and the King of Spain abdicated a few days after).

The little issues were the lack of iron and ironing board (though one is provided relatively promptly upon request, though it's not a good solution when you're in a rush), the jacuzzi's odd operation, the odd piping-system smell in the whole hotel (apparently it's a persistent issue, seeing other reviews, which we easily fixed with a Glade plug-on scent; we were ready), the strange setting of the bathroom area (which is really not quite a bathroom itself but an area of the back of the room with the jacuzzi for two and gloriously oversized rainshower, two strangely placed sinks, and a door with the commode), and a slight lack of attention either from maintenance or housekeeping (one of the sinks was obviously stuck; housekeeping must not have noticed, no idea why not, so the second day I had a look at it: a previous guest had emptied his/her martini glass inside with all the lemon peels, which were clogging the drain. Easy to fix).

These issues were definitely not enough to detract from a fabulous stay at this hotel.
Not only will I stay again on my next trip to Madrid, I will also recommend it (though I will make sure I explain the issues I saw).

Room Tip: Go for the top-floor Junior Suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank DanielKalen
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

It's in a very good place in downtown of Madrid (right behind of the famous schweppes sign) The hotel decoration is based in cinema. Rooms are modern and well maintained. They all have an interesting set of lights and are pretty silent.

Staff is very nice and professional.
A good option if you get a good offer.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ga11ego
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It's my second time with Vincci hotels. After a great first time in Vincci Via 66 I decided to book (6 months in advance!) the better located Vincci Capitol hotel.
Upon arrival we got such a bad room that the receptionist apologized for it, before we even saw it!
And man it was bad, you need to pass two elevators to get to it, it's very small and the smell there was awful. I was really disappointed and the only way out of this room was to upgrade to a suite on my own expense (A good service would call for the hotel to offer this upgrade for free).

Stay away.
Daniel

Room Tip: From the tenth floor you will need two elevators to get to the room. This is not what you're in...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DanielHaviv
VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Capitol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear guest,

We would firstly like to thank you for choosing to stay with us again in Madrid.

However, we are sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations this time.
Please rest assured that we take note of all comments, complaints and suggestions made by our clients in order to enable the improvement of our services.

Please excuse the misunderstanding upon your arrival. We would like to assure you that whenever we are aware of a problem with a room, we never offer it to our clients.

We are sorry that you were not happy with the room you were assigned. This is a room in a privileged location with fantastic views that are highly esteemed by our guests.

We would also like to point out that, after dealing with your request and showing you various standard rooms that were not to your liking, you chose a superior room which, as we advised, is subject to a supplement.

We regret that, despite all of our efforts, we did not manage to make your stay satisfactory.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Carmen Fernández

Reviewed 14 July 2014

It was not my first visit to Madrid nor my first experience in Vincci Hotels but my fist stay at Capitol. Unrivaled location, excellent location and even i was upgraded to the superior deluxe room with its outstanding view covering the whole Gran Via area. Do not miss the stay in this hotel, highly recommended.
Go by night to rooftop and you will enjoy the view of the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends