“Shopping Area.”

Melia Madrid Serrano Galgos
Ranked #144 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The lobby is clean and it looks like a club. The staff is friendly. The rooms are clean but the King size beds take most of the space. The bathrooms are very clean and big. The a/c unit gets cool but not cold. The carpet is very dirty and dated. The hotel was located on a side street but very closed to the main shopping area and close to one of the biggest parks around. The hotel has a restaurant attach to it but you can find a small restaurant withing a few blocks from the hotel.

Room Tip: Bring a plug converter, they use the two prong system so your standard us plug will not fit. You don...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Blue4140
MGH-Gex, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Madrid Serrano Galgos, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Blue4140,

Thank you for having spent some of your valuable time writing a review about our hotel, which I hope you can consider your home in Madrid.

Everything we do is to make sure our clientes feel comfortable and rest in our hotel, and i am glad to learn we could make it with you.

Hope to have you back again in the near future, kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Melia Madrid Serrano Galgos

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This Melia is quite cool. We were staying there because our conference had to reschedule its weekend sessions and hold them at the hotel's function rooms. That worked out just fine - those facilities are also good.
The hotel room was not very large, but more importantly had a great bed (hard mattress, the way we like it), a well-stocked minibar, and a bathroom w. a tub. As I came down with a flu and spent the last 36 hours in bed, the quality of that became particularly crucial.
The breakfast buffet was great - lot's of variety (esp. if you like pork products): good fruit selection, baked goods, etc. The lobby bar also served nice dishes, and room service was fast and polite.
We'd stay here again, also because of neighborhood with good eateries, and shopping and museums within easy reach.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room, facing the church opposite. The street was somewhat busy at night and ear...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MGH-Gex, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Madrid Serrano Galgos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear i12bent,

Thank you for having taken some of your valuable time on writing this review about the hotel! We are very pleased to read you enjoyed all of our facilities, and we hope you feel completely recovered from the flu.

Hope to have the pleasure of your company again in the near future, and until that time comes, we remain yours respecfully,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

One key requirement in any hotel is to have a comfortable night sleep. Unfortunately this hotel failed to meet that requirement. They gave me room 118, next to the elevator. The whole night people were shouting outside my room, then the cleaners were no help, 6am in the morning banging their trolleys against my door and speaking loudly. Any room in this hotel, AVOID one ending in 18. They are all next to the elevator. Next day I got moved after complaining, once to another room on the main road, again very noisy, and then to another on the quieter side of the hotel, but you thought after all of that I would get an upgrade or money off my bill....nothing of the sort.

Room Tip: Avoid anything ending in 18. so for example avoid 118, 218, 318 etc. Those rooms should come with a...
3  Thank sandeepmander
MGH-Gex, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Madrid Serrano Galgos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear sandeepmander,

My name is Beatriz Arevalo, the person to whom you spoke to while your stay at the hotel.

As i told you when we had the chance to have a conversation, we are very sorry for the inconveniences you found with the first room you slept in. The room is quite next to the elevators and for some people that could be an inconvenience. However our maids do not start their work until 8am, so it is not possible for them

The minute you complained about it, I spoke to you and did my best to switch you to another room that was more comfortable.
A day before I personally had another talk with you in which I asked if everything was ok, if you liked the room, because I was really concerned about your satisfaction as I am with the stay of each of our guests. Since you told me everything was fine, I was veri relieved.

Now that I read this I have to apologize again if finally we did not meet your expectations, and I would loved to be aware of it before you left the hotel.

Anyway, we would like to welcome you again in this or any other hotel Melia has all over the world. Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is located in a great area of Madrid and is a no nonsense hotel. The rooms are nice and big (we had a premium room) and covers all the basic amenities one would need in a hotel. The staff speaks english and check in was a breeze.
for the price, the location and the hotel works well.
The bathroom layout could be a bit better but thats just if I have to pick on something.
All in all a great stay.
The bar/restaurant located in the basement (different entrance) is excellent and a must visit!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear pappy_28,

Thank you very much for your comments! It is so nice to read a critic such as yours, since it pays for all the efforts we do to make each guest's stay excellent!!

We would love to have you back in the near future, and until that time comes we remains,

Yours respectfully,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Centrally located hotel in walking distance to Madrid most interesting sites, very modern interior, spacious and very well equipped room, very clean, good and friendly service, excellent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Janusz_Zebrowski
MGH-Gex, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Madrid Serrano Galgos, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Janusz_Zebrowski,

Thank you so much for having spent some of your time letting the rest of the travellers know about the hotel.

We are delighted to read you fully enjoyed the stay at our place, and we want to deeply thank you for all the good comments.

We would hoe to have you back again soon! Awaiting for that opportunity, kind regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice and modern hotel, clean and tidy rooms every day..beautiful comfortable beds, ..quiet at nights,nice and safe neighborhood.So not true some of reviews written before-about carpet (no carpets in room),old room (rooms are nicely designed-wood and leather,modern and new),noisy hotel (total bogus)! Thumbs up for Melia Galgos :))

Dear Antonija S,

Thank you so very much for your comments!! It is so great to start the day in such a friendly way.

Actually, we are in the process of refurbishing the room and for your comments you got one of the new ones, and I am so pleased to read to fully enjoyed the experience.!

It would be great to have you back in the near future, to enjoy again Madrid and our hotel!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I would say this hotel is of a good standard, like some of the other reviews they are very limited in speaking English & I was at first trying to speak in Spanish which they didn't understand & then English, I was only ordering a hamburger so you can imagine my frustration. I even tested out my Spanish on my Spanish colleagues and they could understand me so I am not sure if I just was unlucky with the reception person I had. The rooms are fine for one person & I had an exec room! I would also agree with one of the other reviews a bath mat is definitely required as I also slipped when getting into the shower.

Buffet breakfast was cracking and was certainly up there with one of the best continental brekkie's that I have had, Staff were friendly enough and bid you good morning and cheerio which was a nice touch. I will stay here again when I come back to Madrid as so far this has been my best hotel experience out of about 6.

Dear Im_no_Crazy_Canadian,

Thank you very much for having written your comments in this web page.

It is a pleasure for us to know that our customers feel comfortable and glad with our facilities and services because this is the main goal of our Hotel and our Company, Meliá Hotels International, and we all thank you for having appreciated the hard work that all our team do every day.

We would love to have you back again in the hotel in the near future, and until that opportunity and with our best regards,