“Colourless.”

Melia Avenida America
Ranked #175 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights. Whilst convenient for the large congress centre, it's quite a bit outside the city. Factor 45 minutes to an hour to get downtown in the morning. I asked for a quiet room and was given a room with a window that was about 80 cm wide. The bed was perfectly comfortable and the room clean, but overall the experience was uninspiring. Staff polite but not particularly warm. There was a courtyard which was nice for lunch or a drink in the evening, but the food itself wasn't great. Impossible to get a good cup of tea in the meeting rooms. Water tepid at its best. I believe there are some renovations going on which should do the place good. Wifi connections were fine. No hair conditioner in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a proper window!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
MARIA J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Avenida America, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Customer,

I would like to thank you having taken some of your valuable time to send us your comments and to choosing our hotel for you stay.
Emails such as yours are of the greatest assistance for us to taking whatever corrective measures may be necessary. I note, with pleasure, all that you write in the e-mail.

Best Regards

maria.jose.calvo@melia.com

Reviewed 15 May 2013

It's location is ideal for the Exhibition centre, and with a shuttle bus for the airport, it's handy enough there as well. The Rooms are very good standard, quite large and well appointed, BUT, do not bother trying to eat there - food is not good enough. Try the cheap italian diner opposite, half the price and significantly better quality. Staff are fairly unapproachable, both in reception and in the bar area, and the pianist in the bar needs to be replaced.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Miguel B, Director of Sales at Melia Avenida America, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,
we really appreciate taking your time and giving us your impression of our Hotel, generally seen, good. The comments given will help us in order update and report these inconveniences to our different departments so we may offer a better service.
Again, we really appreciate your time taken and would love to welcome you back.

All best,

Miguel Benitez

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Stay one week at this hotel. I was attending a several day course. The room was spacious, the microphone's sound and image projection was good. Lunch was terrible, the meat choice was always chicken for 6 days, and most of the ingredients seemed canned! At coffebreaks we had only pastry choices, cookies, no sandwiches or fruit... All the persons whom I spoke with were very dissapointed with this hotel... I am a good eater and it was hard for me to choose what to eat from the breakfast buffet, there were a lot of choices but none were healthy, and they use names of well known brands in similar products such as "Nutela" (swiss chocolate brand), "Chocapic" cereals from Nestle and when you eat it you find out that it is not what it was suppose to be! The room service menu was very poor, I went to the nearest supermarket and had cereals with milk for dinner after 3 days of bad/wrong choices! Even the spanish tortilla seemed like an omelet!
The reception made everything they could to help but unfortunately it is hard for me to write a positive review... Only 2 people spoke english, so every time I wanted something they would pass my call several times o different people. I had spoken to the hotel before booking and that they had insured me that they would provide soup for my baby if I ask the day before, so I did. Next day I called and asked for a soup and I waited for 40 minutes when I called the bar they said that they had no order and that they could not do a different soup for the baby... I think that this hotel isn't corresponding to the Melia legacy! The sales manager was very nice and I have no complain about his quick replies but I gave up on telling him how wrong everything was because I didn't even know were to start!
I should have given up my stay there when I arrived and waited from 10h30 until 13h30 for my room, they changed my room number twice and when I finally open the door I was impressed how big it was, nicely decorated BUT it was a smoking room (I think, because there was an ashtray and it was smelling very very badly) Not a good choice to stay with a newborn, don't you think!! I called the reception but I had to wait for another room because they were fully booked, Once again I gave up... The positive aspects were the bed, the room was big and it was silent during the day and night time, but there are hotels next to this one like Andaluz or others were your stay will be nicer. I should have paid more attention to the other reviews I read but I thought people were being too peaky!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Diana B
MARIA J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Avenida America, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear customer,

The answer, a this written letter, will receive it via email.

maria.jose.calvo@melia.com

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times due to its proximity to my company. For the amount it charges, the hotel provides good value for money. Internet is for free. The rooms are nice.

What I do not like are the elevators which are ancient! They should be replaced.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
MARIA J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Avenida America, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your stay in Madrid, we appreciate it.
I take good note about the suggestion that you make us regarding the hotel elevators, however, I inform you that we are taking, at this moment, the steps and corrective measures to change them.
Thank you for your interest in our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night at this sprawling conference hotel. Whilst the staff were pleasant and the room clesn and modern, this soulless hotel has desperately slow lifts and poor signsge. Bar food choice was limited to burgers & pizzas and the restaraunt once disvovered was empty and very average.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Martin J
MARIA J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Avenida America, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Customer,

I am writing in reply to your reviews on tripadvisor concerning your disappointed about our services at Melia Avenida América Hotel.
I take good note, with pleasure, of all your comments on this e-mail, and I promise you that we will take corrective measures to offer our guests superior and unbeatable services.
Thank you very much.
King Regards,

Maria José Calvo

Reviewed 2 April 2013

A very Good property with good facilities and friendly & helpful staff.
It is a good Business Hotel with Big Convention centre.
We had gone for a Show organised at the same Hotel. So it was very convenient too.
The halls are well maintained with excellent service.
Rooms are neat, nice & comfortable.
The Airport Shuttle is convenient.
Even though is close to the Hotel it is not too far from various places.
Also is well connected by the public transport.
Would stay there again

Room Tip: Take Rooms with Big Windows
Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
MARIA J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Avenida America, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear customer,

I m glad that the MELIA AVENIDA AMÉRICA HOTEL has met your expectations. Thank you very much for your nice and friendly words.
I will be very happy to see you personaly in a future stay and I hope to have the opportunity to greet you personaly.
Best regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stay here for a 5 nights, for conference. My first impression was - what a terrible hotel, the lift is all stretched inside, the corridors are lighted only where you go, the rooms are not very good quality.
But after 3rd night and observing what is going on around I realized that compare to the other places it's more than ok.
It's far away from the city center (25 euros by taxi) and not very close to the airport (12 euro by taxi), so it's somewhere in the middle of nowhere...
So quality of the hotel is between poor and average, the breakfasts are average (waiters don't speak normal English, knowing only a couple words). The price of this hotel is very close to the same quality hotels in the very center of the Madrid.
I can recommend you to stay here only in you want to be by the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Vereshchagin
MARIA J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Avenida America, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

I am writing in reply to your e-mail. I’m glad that you had choice our hotel for you stay. I note with pleasure, all that you write in the e-mail for having the measures appropriate to comply our clients’ expectations.

The hotel is really situated haft and hour from the centre, if you do not want to expend a lot money to taking a taxi you can take a bus for 1, 20 € in front of the main door of the hotel.
The distance from the hotel to the terminal one and two (airport) is the 6,5 km and to the terminal four, 12 kms. The hotel has a shuttle bus free for delivery to the airport and back.

I would like to know your advice to improve that quality of the hotel, so that you think that the quality of our hotel is between poor and average to have the opportunity to improve our services, in this way, to have the pleasure of welcoming you to the Melia Avda Ámerica Hotel, indeed, to any of our more than 330 hotels in 30 countries on many more occasions in the future.

Yours sincerely,