“Convenient hotel”

Ranked #175 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Nispen, The Netherlands
“Convenient hotel”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Convenient hotel. Close to airport. Bus stop in front of hotel and in 35 min in city centre. Good breakfast. Airport shuttle works fine to the airport. From airport to hotel was not that clear where stops are. Taxi helps for 15 euro.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Miguel B, Director of Sales at Melia Avenida America, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Guest,
thanks so much for your kind comments placed on Tripadvisor and we are delighted to hear that you liked our property. We would love to welcome you back, here in Madrid and the Melia Avenida America Hotel. Should you be around, please contact me so we may welcome you.
With best regards, Miguel (miguel.benitez@melia.com)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dalgety Bay, Dunfermline
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We always stay here when stopping off in Madrid. It was Friday night so we got a very good deal which included breakfast. Lovely big room, excellent lighting. Air con was very efficient (but beware, they turn it off in September). Laminate floor - no horrid carpets. Good soundproofing. The usual professional and friendly staff. Bed was OK but not the usual fabulously comfortable Melia bed that we love - are they re-furbishing with cheaper mattresses? Complimentary bus to and from the airport to collect our car was very useful. Great Melia breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
it is fabulous that you always return back to our hotel! I would love to welcome you personally next time once you are in Madrid (miguel.benitez@melia.com), therefore, please contact me.

Thanks also for giving us the feedback regarding the beds, as you correctly mentioned, we are refurbishing, however this is a long process. (we just finished with the common areas).

In any case, we hope to welcome you soon!

All best,

Miguel Benitez
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

After almost a year, another quick stay at this hotel.
At this occasion my room was not as cosy as the last time but still modern and clean. A/c worked at full speed and the bed was very comfortable but on the small side. It was more a tiny queen than king. The room was a smoking one but could not smell anything at all!!!
As a Platinum member I was granted early check in and late check out.
Nice modern common areas with light tones.
Other members said something about dark hallways and old lifts...well I don't think so.
You would pay for the similar hotel 150 pounds in London and for 49 eur you can't really complain, can you!
There is a direct public bus in front of the hotel and El corte Ingles store is a 14min walk away.

• Stayed July 2013
JOCALBLAN, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Avenida America, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We all enjoy that our guest appreciate our work, and your comments help us to keep working hard.
Thanks also to take your time sharing your experience.

Kind regards,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This hotel sucks. The website makes it seem so nice. Even upon entering the hotel, you will really think the hotel is great. Then you will get on the scary, beat up elevator, step out into a dark, stinky hall and only then start to realize your mistake. Every night at about 2am the rooms begin to smell like sewer. You can switch rooms, but since 5 of your coworkers are having the same issue, you know there is nothing you can do. Yeah, the gym is nice. I heard the breakfast is good, but when you are living in what smells like a sewer, none of that seems worth it. The beds also sound like plastic and feel like rollaways. Every time you move, you wake up your roommate. Don't stay here. Trust me.

2 Thank cj1979
JOCALBLAN, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Avenida America, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Customer:

I would like to thank for taking your time in order to write your comments on tripadvisor and for having chosen our hotel for your stay.

First of all, we would like to inform, that thanks to our guests the Melia Avenida America has been existing for over twenty years with a great success. Therefore we would have appreciated that during your stay you should have informed us regarding your disappointment in order to give us the chance to adopt any necessary measures to improve our service levels for your colleagues and yourself.

I remain at your entire disposal for anything you might need.

guest Experience Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Slightly disappointed with the overall experience.. at check in the staff was polite but cold, they gave me the smallest room in the 5th floor, very hot and the AC did not work... I complained and got an upgrade for 30€ to a suit that was the only available, the size was 5 times the previous room... no comparison... but I had to complain and waist 45min of my time, and begin my experience with a negative vibe...
Dinner a the restaurant was good, a bit pricy but good quality and the staff was grand. However the chairs for the kid of restaurant were very uncomfortable.

The gym experience wasn't any better... to get in I had to go looking for the staff.. and they gave me a pass code to get in... making things more difficult the changing rooms worked with a coin.. which I didn't have and I had to go out to ask for a coin to use the lockers... thankfully the staff from the bar let me a coin....
I was not very much invited to use the SPA, the staff told me " well you have to pay " like I was a homeless or something that I could not afford 15€ for the SPA... so that also put me off a bit.... I didn't find the girl at the Gym/SPA very helpful to say the least...

The breakfast buffet was pretty good, good spread and nice staff, however they could clean the tables at a faster pace...

Summarising.. if you're looking for a place with connections to the city centre, this is not your place, there are taxis all the time that will take you there for 20€.
The staff is a but cold and not very welcoming.
I will look for somewhere else when I go back to Madrid and I would not recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: suits always better, never on the 5th floor on summer... to hot !!
1 Thank FranGalan
JOCALBLAN, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Avenida America, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Customer,

We really appreciate your time for placing your comments on Tripadvisor and we feel that your stay with us has not fulfilled your expectations.
Your comments are really much appreciated! Honestly, your experience helps us to improve our standards & services and this will be improved.
Thanks and warm regards.

Province of Monza and Brianza, Italy
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We use to stay in this Hotel that is 15min from Airport. Great Gym and SPA. Excellent breakfast and kind staff. Taxi always ready just outside of the Hotel entrance. For sure one of the best choice for business trip in Madrid.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
we appreciate your comments on Tripadvisor and good to hear that you had a nice stay with us. We would love to welcome you back and meet you personally!

Best regards,

Maria.jose.calvo@melia.com
French Riviera
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I crashed in this hotel because my flight was delayed by 15 hours, and the airline provided me this accommodation to survive the night, and I was quite pleased with the result.
Rooms are great, staff friendly, and breakfast OK, although nothing exceptional presented.

I however regret that the 'spa' (involving the pool) is not included in the price of the room. Maybe it's not so bad after all, because you end up having the place for yourself, but some elements seemed not to function.

Keep in mind the hotel is quite far from the city center, so it's more for business oriented activities.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
MARIA J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Avenida America, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your experience in our hotel during your stay.
We take note of your observations and you can be sure that we will work to improve the quality of the services provided.

Yours Sincerely