“Very nice hotel & staff”
Review of AC Hotel Aitana

AC Hotel Aitana
Ranked #179 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Colorado
“Very nice hotel & staff”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We chose the AC Aitana because it is part of the Marriott chain and I was able to use points for our 3-night stay, at the beginning of our trip through Spain. I am a travel writer and was researching Spain for my next book (ordinarycoupletravels.com, Extraordinary Travels of an Ordinary Couple). Generally, I prefer the smaller, more intimate hotels but I have learned that on my first day or two in a new country, the familiarity of a hotel that is associated with a brand like Marriott, can be comforting as I settle in and "un-jetlag" myself. The AC Aitana was wonderful - the room was modern, clean, comfortable and spacious. The bed was the outstanding Marriott bed that I have come to love, and I slept soundly all three nights. The fluffy white robes and slippers were perfect after showering and the bathroom amenities were high quality. We arrived by cab from the airport, it cost about 30 euros but was fast and efficient. I liked the neighborhood around the AC - it was mostly families and businesses, but within walking distance to the metro station. Very clean and safe and quiet. The staff was great, very helpful, and the breakfast buffet was adequate. We arrived at 4:00 in the afternoon and by 6:30 were starving, having traveled all day. We knew the nearby restaurants would not be serving dinner for another 2-3 hours, so we ordered the grilled ham and cheese sandwiches from room service. The sandwiches arrived promptly, accompanied by hot french fries and a small fresh salad. They tasted heavenly after 15 hours of airplane food and we were so grateful to enjoy an early dinner in our room before heading to that wonderful Marriott bed for the night. I highly recommend this hotel and if I am in Madrid again, I will absolutely stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SLMcMill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cranfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I can't fault the team at this hotel at all. They have looked after us so well... and we've been staying here for months!
The breakfast is great, loads of freshly cooked options and amazing pastries. The room service is always prompt and there's a good choice any time of day/ night.
The front of house team are always really welcoming and personable and the hotel Manager is super efficient.
The gym is a little on the small side but that's the only downside to an otherwise ideal business hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Catherine H
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed here last weekend, lovely hotel, helpful staff, I had a room on the 9th floor with a balcony, was really lovely. Rooms immaculate, well designed and laid out, air con worked perfectly. Breakfast was the usual continental affair and had a good choice. Only complaint was its a coffee machine in the room - no way to make tea, however overall this was a lovely hotel, good location only a few mins walk to the Real Madrid stadium and 12euros for a taxi into town at night. There is free wifi in reception and I had 3G in my room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I booked this holiday for a long weekend in February for my partner as as surprise for his 30th.
I chose this hotel for its proximity to the football stadium ( as we had tickets for a Madrid game~ and its literally a few building down! so perfect.
I wouldn't recommend getting a taxi from the airport, it was 60 euros! be brave and try the underground, its very similar to London and the kiosks at each station have an English button too! it was only 5 euros each to get back.
The rooms were clean and welcoming, though I couldn't figure out how to change the heating as it was pumping out cold air in February ! but we weren't in the room long enough for it to matter.
Would definitely recommend this hotel, it has nice bars and restaurants nearby

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S_Jay23
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Hotel is nice, has good facilities for the business traveller and rooms are spacious, stylish and clean. Rooms have wifi if u pay for it and a mini bar which is useful. It is also very close to the Bernabeau stadium so if there is a game on, expect some noise on the lower foors as it is relatively noisy anyway with a busy road outside. Practical if you are staying to go to the football, walk is just a couple of minutes. I arrived mid morning and the hotel were great about letting me check in early so that I didn't have to drag my luggage with me all day. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floors they are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ashleywarren
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have been many times in thishotel, before it joined the Marriot group.

What I like
- no carpet in the room. Wooden floors
- reddish coloured wood decorates the whole hotel
- good bar
- great breakfast (spanish fare, fruit, etc)
- good location
- good prices

What i don't like
- they stoppedthe free minibar, why?

Room Tip: Suites are better as the standard rooms can be a bit small. Take a room in the upperfloorswith a vi...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ike_fedas
Uzes, France
Reviewed 5 March 2013

A perfectly reasonable business hotel . Good location and all the normal facilities.
However, one very annoying drawback. The air conditioning is heating only at this time of year. In other words, it's either off or hot, leaving the room very stuffy. Yes, you can open the window, but the central location of the hotel is very noisy, particularly on the first floor where I was. Garbage collection in the street outside at 0400!

Room Tip: Get a high floor room!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business