“Would not stay here again!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of AC Hotel Aitana

AC Hotel Aitana
Ranked #167 of 445 Hotels in Madrid
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Would not stay here again!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

After a long 10-hour flight we arrived at the hotel and no one helped us with our luggage! I never saw a bellboy during our stay. Our reservation included breakfast and free internet. When we asked for the internet code, the lady said we had to pay for it because it was not included. We showed her our confirmation where it clearly said the internet was included and she gave us a code for 24 hours. We had to go every day to get a new code. Staff not so friendly. the rooms are comfortable and clean and it is well located (at walking distance from the Real Madrid Stadium).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed at the Aitana whilst in Madrid for work. Cannot fault anything at the hotel or the staff as all are excellent in every way. Stayed on the 9th floor and had a huge terrace which was lovely to sit on and catch the evening sun whilst drinking a cold beer!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jowm8
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Everything is excellent: service, rooms, we had wonderful view over the street with beautiful architecture.And very close to stadium, if you want to go to football match. So everything is perfect except the location.If you want to explore the historical city the choice is wrong, look something closer to the center.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BabushkaTravel
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

We chose the AC Aitana because it is part of the Marriott chain and I was able to use points for our 3-night stay, at the beginning of our trip through Spain. I am a travel writer and was researching Spain for my next book (ordinarycoupletravels.com, Extraordinary Travels of an Ordinary Couple). Generally, I prefer the smaller, more intimate hotels but I have learned that on my first day or two in a new country, the familiarity of a hotel that is associated with a brand like Marriott, can be comforting as I settle in and "un-jetlag" myself. The AC Aitana was wonderful - the room was modern, clean, comfortable and spacious. The bed was the outstanding Marriott bed that I have come to love, and I slept soundly all three nights. The fluffy white robes and slippers were perfect after showering and the bathroom amenities were high quality. We arrived by cab from the airport, it cost about 30 euros but was fast and efficient. I liked the neighborhood around the AC - it was mostly families and businesses, but within walking distance to the metro station. Very clean and safe and quiet. The staff was great, very helpful, and the breakfast buffet was adequate. We arrived at 4:00 in the afternoon and by 6:30 were starving, having traveled all day. We knew the nearby restaurants would not be serving dinner for another 2-3 hours, so we ordered the grilled ham and cheese sandwiches from room service. The sandwiches arrived promptly, accompanied by hot french fries and a small fresh salad. They tasted heavenly after 15 hours of airplane food and we were so grateful to enjoy an early dinner in our room before heading to that wonderful Marriott bed for the night. I highly recommend this hotel and if I am in Madrid again, I will absolutely stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SLMcMill
Cranfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I can't fault the team at this hotel at all. They have looked after us so well... and we've been staying here for months!
The breakfast is great, loads of freshly cooked options and amazing pastries. The room service is always prompt and there's a good choice any time of day/ night.
The front of house team are always really welcoming and personable and the hotel Manager is super efficient.
The gym is a little on the small side but that's the only downside to an otherwise ideal business hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Catherine H
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed here last weekend, lovely hotel, helpful staff, I had a room on the 9th floor with a balcony, was really lovely. Rooms immaculate, well designed and laid out, air con worked perfectly. Breakfast was the usual continental affair and had a good choice. Only complaint was its a coffee machine in the room - no way to make tea, however overall this was a lovely hotel, good location only a few mins walk to the Real Madrid stadium and 12euros for a taxi into town at night. There is free wifi in reception and I had 3G in my room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

I booked this holiday for a long weekend in February for my partner as as surprise for his 30th.
I chose this hotel for its proximity to the football stadium ( as we had tickets for a Madrid game~ and its literally a few building down! so perfect.
I wouldn't recommend getting a taxi from the airport, it was 60 euros! be brave and try the underground, its very similar to London and the kiosks at each station have an English button too! it was only 5 euros each to get back.
The rooms were clean and welcoming, though I couldn't figure out how to change the heating as it was pumping out cold air in February ! but we weren't in the room long enough for it to matter.
Would definitely recommend this hotel, it has nice bars and restaurants nearby

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple