“Great business hotel in a small package”
Review of AC Hotel Aitana

AC Hotel Aitana
Ranked #185 of 442 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Probably need to caveat this to say that I'm somewhat biased to Marriott hotels (lifetime platinum), but this little hotel was great. First of all, I'd label it more of a business hotel and not one with all of the bells and whistles of a resort hotel. Nice room (I'd recommend a room away from the main street), comfortable and a decent size, although I'm not a fan of the European tub/showers. Great downtown location near business and the soccer (sorry football) stadium. Several good restaurants within walking distance. However, I ate in the hotel (sort of a lobby bar/restaurant) several times and loved it. I found that many Madrid restaurants didn't open till late and my body-clock just wasn't ready for that yet. The service was super...plus - and I live gadgets - they have little electronic buttons on the tables that "ring" the bartender/waiter for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street. Also, make sure you reserve well ahead since there will mo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike M

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was my second stay at the AC Aitana. It was just as I remember the first time. Excellent staff especially Ima she is the best. I would really recommend Ac Aitana to anybody. The hotel is close to the best stadium in Madrid ( Santiago Bernabeu). The breakfast is the best. The only disappointment is that the mini bar is not free anymore. This hotel is clean and I am glad they are living up to the Marriott standard. The metro is close to the staduim and is very convenient. The bus service is also convenient using bus no 147 to go into town. My daughter enjoyed ever moment of our stay at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cleoreece M
Reviewed 9 August 2013

After a long 10-hour flight we arrived at the hotel and no one helped us with our luggage! I never saw a bellboy during our stay. Our reservation included breakfast and free internet. When we asked for the internet code, the lady said we had to pay for it because it was not included. We showed her our confirmation where it clearly said the internet was included and she gave us a code for 24 hours. We had to go every day to get a new code. Staff not so friendly. the rooms are comfortable and clean and it is well located (at walking distance from the Real Madrid Stadium).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed at the Aitana whilst in Madrid for work. Cannot fault anything at the hotel or the staff as all are excellent in every way. Stayed on the 9th floor and had a huge terrace which was lovely to sit on and catch the evening sun whilst drinking a cold beer!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jowm8
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Everything is excellent: service, rooms, we had wonderful view over the street with beautiful architecture.And very close to stadium, if you want to go to football match. So everything is perfect except the location.If you want to explore the historical city the choice is wrong, look something closer to the center.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BabushkaTravel
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We chose the AC Aitana because it is part of the Marriott chain and I was able to use points for our 3-night stay, at the beginning of our trip through Spain. I am a travel writer and was researching Spain for my next book (ordinarycoupletravels.com, Extraordinary Travels of an Ordinary Couple). Generally, I prefer the smaller, more intimate hotels but I have learned that on my first day or two in a new country, the familiarity of a hotel that is associated with a brand like Marriott, can be comforting as I settle in and "un-jetlag" myself. The AC Aitana was wonderful - the room was modern, clean, comfortable and spacious. The bed was the outstanding Marriott bed that I have come to love, and I slept soundly all three nights. The fluffy white robes and slippers were perfect after showering and the bathroom amenities were high quality. We arrived by cab from the airport, it cost about 30 euros but was fast and efficient. I liked the neighborhood around the AC - it was mostly families and businesses, but within walking distance to the metro station. Very clean and safe and quiet. The staff was great, very helpful, and the breakfast buffet was adequate. We arrived at 4:00 in the afternoon and by 6:30 were starving, having traveled all day. We knew the nearby restaurants would not be serving dinner for another 2-3 hours, so we ordered the grilled ham and cheese sandwiches from room service. The sandwiches arrived promptly, accompanied by hot french fries and a small fresh salad. They tasted heavenly after 15 hours of airplane food and we were so grateful to enjoy an early dinner in our room before heading to that wonderful Marriott bed for the night. I highly recommend this hotel and if I am in Madrid again, I will absolutely stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SLMcMill
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I can't fault the team at this hotel at all. They have looked after us so well... and we've been staying here for months!
The breakfast is great, loads of freshly cooked options and amazing pastries. The room service is always prompt and there's a good choice any time of day/ night.
The front of house team are always really welcoming and personable and the hotel Manager is super efficient.
The gym is a little on the small side but that's the only downside to an otherwise ideal business hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business