“Convenient location, decent property”
Review of AC Hotel Aitana

AC Hotel Aitana
Ranked #196 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 13 December 2013

i would stay here again, especially if going to see Real Madrid. it's right next door. it's also close to the Metro so pretty easy to move about the city. we took the Metro from the Airport and it was only 25-30 minutes and a very small cost. Rooms were nice. However, we got a corner room on the third floor and it was a little cold in there from the draft coming off of the windows. it's also a bit loud in the morning with all of the traffic outside. i agree with some that the in room WiFi is pretty weak. it works very well in the lobby though. rooms were clean and staff was helpful.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a corner room. drafty. also, stay up higher to avoid the road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bret M
There are newer reviews for AC Hotel Aitana

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Central location - particularly for business and the Madrid football stadium.
Well appointed and comfortable standard rooms.
Pleasant reception and bar staff.
Breakfast was a little interesting as not everyone speaks English which resulted in some difficulty getting what we ordered.
Real problem was the wifi which had a very weak signal and a very slow upload speed (0.3mbps). Apparently the hotel know about this and have had to complain several times to their supplier.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed in a 7th floor room. Spacious, comfortable bed, wooden floor and decent lighting, very clean and good water pressure in shower.

Free and decent wifi in the ground floor lounge.

Staff were helpful and arranged to pick up stuff I left in the room for later collection. thanks.

Two howevers which have lost it a 4 star rating:

No safe in the room. I checked everywhere and there just wasn't one. I don't like leaving laptops, passports etc in a room without a safe.

The AC was set to only heat. Below 20 degrees, it just turned off. So I opened the window which then banged throughout the night, and I ended up closing it at 4am because I was fed up of being woken up by outside noise and a noisy window. Woke up with stuffy head. I think hotels do it because they think it saves money as no one is going to want to be chilled in November. I did or at least to have a supply of cold air in the room.

If the AC had worked, I'd have given it 4 for clean room and helpful staff as I think most rooms had safes...judging by the in room notice.

Note that despite the Marriott branding! there are some things that aren't in the room - like irons and ironing boards, that I'd expect to find In a Marriott.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank deehell
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We went to Madrid to attend a wedding & as the coaches to/from the wedding picked up & dropped off at the stadium this was an ideal place to stay. All of the staff were very friendly & helpful even printing off our boarding passes for our return journey when I had some difficulties with doing it. The room was fine & even though we were at the front of the hotel we didn't experience any noise from the street even when Real Madrid played Athletico Madrid on the Saturday night. (kick off was at 10pm). The only down side was the price of breakfast (it was 22 euros each) but you could not fault the quality or extensive cold buffet or hot food that you could order. The young man serving in the breakfast restaurant was as helpful as the rest of the staff & even remembered what type of coffee we wanted. If we had been staying longer we would have probably looked around for somewhere else to have breakfast but we were tired on both mornings so it was the simplest thing to do.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank glenys15
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had a very short stay at this hotel, just one night, but it made a very good first impression. It's perfect for you if you want to see a football game at Real Madrid's stadium, Santiago Bernabeu (you can reach it in 6-7 minutes, on foot). Also, i can recommend it as a business hotel. Madrid's center is also accessible with the metro (Santiago Bernabeu station) I'm sorry that i never got to try the spa facilities. Our room was spacious, and i loved the idea of an in room sink, located next to the bathroom.
The breakfast was very good, they provided everything, from the spanish tortilla to pastries and fruits. We even had dinner there, and it was very tasty! Also, the staff was very friendly and efficient. I can only find two flaws, the price for the in room internet (6 euros for an hour and 12 euros for 24 hours) is a bit high. Also, i think a bigger dinning space would be a welcome addition (we had to order in room, because there were no free places downstairs. I found it quite rude that some people were sitting at the dining tables having just water, when bar places were availble.) Of, course, that is not the hotel's fault, and i would recommend this hotel anytime.

Room Tip: The hotel is located on a busy Madrid street and if you are a very light sleeper, make sure to reque...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank POlivia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This trip was a business trip where I traveled along with my wife. We stayed in the hotel for about a week from 02-Dec-12 till 09-Dec-12.

The hotel was in a great location...only few hundred feet from Real Madrid Stadium. The hotel was clean and room was very good. The reception team were very friendly, courteous and helpful. There was no free wifi in the room. But they had provided free wifi in the lobby.

We had reached the hotel at around 9 pm. Since the next day was going to be a working day, we decided to have our "ready to eat" vegan food which we were carrying. The receptionist was kind enough to get our food warmed in the restaurant kitchen and later get it served in our room.We really liked this gesture from the hotel staff.

There were a lot of good Italian and Spanish restaurants at walking distance from the hotel and we had a nice time trying out different types of food.

It was a nice, pleasant and comfortable stay for us.

Warm regards,
Vivek

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Vianshu
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I decided to stay at this Marriott in Madrid for one night in September because it had good location and was not so pricey.
Location: it's conveniently located in Madrid just two blocks from the Santiago Bernabeu stadium and one block from a Metro station (Callao). I used the Metro from/to the airport and in 35 minutes I was there. The neighborhood is really nice, on the Paseo de la Castella which is a beautiful wide street with trees on both sides.
Room: I got an upgrade because of my Platinum status and free wifi and mini bar which was nice. The room was huge with a king sized bed, nice living area and a big bathroom with all the amenities. Wooden floors are one of the best things that AC hotels have, you feel is much more cleaner that old carpet. I even had a Nespresso coffee machine in my room which was amazing, top grade.
Service: the front desk was very helpful and facilitated everything I needed. Breakfast was included in my rate and worth the bucks as it had a very good variety of breads, cereals, sandwiches and fruits.
I would definitely recommend this hotel in Madrid. It's not in the crazy tourists area (Gran Via or Puerta del Sol) but just 10 min by bus or Metro.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business