“Lovely modern hotel at perfecr price”
Review of AC Hotel Aitana

AC Hotel Aitana
Ranked #176 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here a few times. Very impressed with this place. Great price and lovely modern rooms. Services is great too. Whenever we asked for anything they delivered. The only bad thing I would say is the breakfast area, you eat like you are in a meeting room during a business meeting! The chairs are terrible. But that is all I can say bad. Rest is perfect!

Very quiet in the rooms too and perfect curtains not to let any light in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandeepmander

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, excellent rate and superb breakfast. Internet was expensive and not particularly fast. Located very close to Real Madrid ground so good if you are visiting for this reason. Very easy to get metro to city centre and local bars and restaurants, particular Mas Que Pintxos are excellent which is 2 mins walk away. Good modern rooms and decor good also. Very good rate.

Room Tip: Try to get room higher than floor 2 if at front of property as road noise at low level may be an iss...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

The room was nice but when i called the front desk to ask why my airconditioning wasn't working, they said that their system hasn't switched from winter heating mode to summer cooling mode. Which I feel is a crook of Bull! When you are spending $150 a night, you should get some A/C and not have the front desk tell you to open your window, so you can listen to all of the busy street traffic!

1  Thank CindyAbby
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stay in many Marriott hotels across the UK but this was my first experience in a Marriott abroad, I was not disappointed. The hotel is very clean, our room was very spacious and the staff could not do enough for us. They all spoke extremely good English I just wish my Spanish could have matched their efforts.
There is only really 1 English channel on the TV but hey you are in Spain so you cannot expect more, the bar is very relaxing with a lovely atmosphere. We did not use the restaurant as we ate out all of the time. I am scared of lifts so my Marriott preferences state I require a ground/lower floor, we were placed on the 7th floor so 7 flights of stairs daily was not pleasant, but to be fair to the hotel we arrived early and they had a room ready for us so we cannot complain, I am sure the exercise did me good.

This trip was for our 1st wedding anniversary, so we had arranged tickets for a Real Madrid match, the tickets were going to be dispatched after our departure for Spain, the hotel were quite happy to have the tickets delivered there and keep them safe, upon our arrival they presented us with our tickets. The hotel is literally a stones throw away from the Bernabau, and easy access to 3 Metro stations (the Metro knocks socks off of the UK Underground).

A added bonus to the rooms are window seats where you can watch the hustle and bustle of the streets of Madrid in comfort. There are only 2 negative comments I can offer, the rooms have no tea and coffee making facilities nor any air con (to be honest it was raining our entire trip) We had an amazing trip which was made more enjoyable knowing we were in a clean, safe and friendly hotel I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to the Bernabau or just to stay in Madrid as the access is great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Got a room at the end of the hall, which faces the main street. But without air conditioning, we had to open the door (yes, a glass door, not window), which makes it noisy. Decent room, European style bathroom. No coffemaker in room. As long as you can adjust to Euro style hotels, this hotel is OK with convenient Metro station close by. Although I am a Marriott card member, I did not qualify for free WiFi in the room, although I was given one in their Valencia hotel. We didn't realize it, but as we walked to the Metro station, we found out that it is almost next to the Bernabau stadium (Now I know why the Metro station has that name :-) As we came back from the city, a game just finished and everyone was getting into the Metro! I was good that we were going out. Real Madrid won, so the atmosphere was good.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor if there is no A/C, since you may need to open windows
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel had pluses and minuses that made it a wash:

1. My Marriott Rewards status got me an upgrade. (+)
2. One of the receptionists haggled with me over my rate. (-)
3. The decor was nice but the bathroom tiles had noticeable water damage. (-)
4. There was no safe in the room, so you had to go downstairs to the reception and pay a deposit to use one (-)
5. Some of the electrical outlets deactivate when you hit the light switch and there is no indicator for which ones do. No fun waking up to dead mobiles/electronics in the a.m.! (-)
6. Easily metro-accessible, which is handy because it's a bit far from downtown. Sports fans will probably like being close the the stadium tho. (+)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Excellent hotel, clean tidy and comfortable. Very close to Santiago bernabau, lovely staff who were kind and extremely helpful. Room was clean and housekeeping ensured it stayed that way. Only downside is wifi in rooms is slow and expensive. Family friendly and a good layout.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family