“Looks nice, but nothing works -a disaster”
Review of Osuna Hotel

Osuna Hotel
Ranked #403 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Mexico City, Mexico
“Looks nice, but nothing works -a disaster”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had three rooms for a conference, the place looks really nice. But:
No bellboy - - - our A/C (air conditioning) didn't work - - - the pool was closed (24 September) - - - Turning on the shower moved the shower head up - completely wetting the bath towels - never fixed - - - 2nd night one hand towel and one bath towel for two people.
3rd night A/C repaired - - - 4th night – A/C broke again – didn’t even bother to report it. Continuous problems with keys not working - our room was 100 m. (300 feet) from the front desk
Free internet in pool and lobby area worked well early AM, poorly 6 PM and sometimes not at all 9PM PAY internet in room – 6 € one hour; 12 € for 24 hours – cannot report, was unable to access. After 2 hours on the phone to the service provider, he gave me 4 free hours.
Sitting in the patio looking at the pool, it’s a lovely 3 star - - - - but nothing works. Hours and hours of lost time. Try it if you’re ready for a hastle.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank aerosolguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I booked this hotel through Easyjet at the bargain price of £40 per night for an en suite twin room for two people, for four nights. Considering this is a hotel in a Capital City, with a swimming pool, this was extremely cheap, and far cheaper than any other hotels in Madrid with swimming pools that I could find. Breakfast was extra, at around €8 each per day. When I arrived at the hotel, the receptionist told me my room was " outside and round the back", so I walked round the apartments which surrounded the pool, with my luggage, but couldn't find my room, and had to go back to reception and ask, at which the receptionist told me "it's in the building at the back, not the apartments". It would have been helpful if he had told me this in the first place! My expectations of the room were not high, due to it being so cheap, but I was pleasantly surprised by my room which was very large with two three quarter beds (small doubles). The decor was pleasant, though a little old and tired looking, and there were some stains in the carpet, but otherwise everything was very clean. The bathroom was large, with a large bath and a bidet. It was ideal for me and my daughter. There was, however no information pack in the room, and no info regarding meal times or anything, so I had to go back to reception and ask what time breakfast was (which was between 7am and 10:30am). Breakfast was very good, with a hot and cold buffet, which kept us going all day. The swimming pool was rather cold, and there were only about a dozen sun beds, so it was difficult to get one, but there is a lawn which you can also sit or lie on near the pool. We spent most of our time out of the hotel anyway so didn't spend much time at the pool. Calallejo Metro station is no more than 10 mins walk from the hotel (those reviewers who say 15 mins are either very slow walkers or went a long way round), and there are some small shops, including a pharmacy 5 mins walk in the opposite direction, and a very large superstore and shopping centre with banks, restaurants etc 10 mins walk away, so the hotel is conveniently located. On Sunday morning, we went to breakfast later and had to queue for about 20 mins for a table, because there was only one waiter, who couldn't keep up with clearing the tables for all the guests who were arriving at the last minute for breakfast. Every other day was fine, with no queues. My only complaint was that there was no free wifi in the hotel at all, not even in the reception area, and wifi was very expensive at €6 an hour or €12 a day, which is over the top. There were also no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, but this seems to be quite common in hotels in Europe. There was a large, but old fashioned TV which my daughter watched Spongebob on in Spanish. As for things like irons in the room - cant say I've ever stayed in a hotel which has an iron in the room - that's what travel irons are for! Beds were a little on the hard side, but good for my back! I didn't try the restaurant for lunch or evening meals, so can't comment, but the menu looked a little restricted. We ate in Madrid or got a takeaway by the Metro, at the cheap kebab and curry place. The hotel offers free transport to he airport at your convenience.
In Summary, good points are

Bad points are:
*lack of information
*expensive wifi
*not enough sun beds
*sometimes seem understaffed - may have to queue
Overall I was very happy with the hotel, considering the price and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KarinRainbird
Corozal Town, Belize
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Welcomed by very rude staff at the reception! Everything we asked for was ,no,no,no.
Room was dirty ,and mattress smelled of urine!!!!! Took a pictures of some beautiful decor,for decades to enjoy!
Birds all over the restaurant tables,i did not see waiters cleaning it at all,never! When customer leaves ,birds attack (literally) the table ,and when someone new sits down ,birds disappear.
Staff seems not to care at all! Dirty ,filthy place ! Yuck!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Madrid hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here two nights and the food was astounding! I could here noise from upstairs all through the night. There was metal stairs going up to every hotel room on top of the hotel room below and you could always hear people walking up and down the stairs, its very frustrating when your trying to sleep!

• Stayed June 2013
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

I visit Madrid a lot and usually stay in the centre, so this was a very pleasant change. Although my flight was early in the morning I got a very restful stay, with no worries about getting to the airport(shuttle bus). Great!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Beverley M
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The price we paid for our room more than made up up for the various short comings! The most obvious downfall is the beds. They were the worst we'd experienced while traveling all over Spain for the past month. You felt like you were sleeping on springs. Our backs felt terrible in the AM. The doubles are really small doubles. The rooms were large, as was the bathroom. But, eventhough we were in the "newer" building, the carpet was worn. The floors below the carpeting had indentations. The TV was small and old. WiFi was free only if in lobby or adjacent Patio. Even the smallest hostal in our travels, afforded us free service in our room. A named hotel like this one has to change their thinking! Staff was, on the whole, friendly and helpful. We loved the quiet neighborhood. The price we paid was to have a 15 min. walk to the Metro and a 20 min. ride into town. We did not mind this inconvenience. That said, we had spent 4 days,earlier in the month, in the heart of Madrid and had had enough of the hustle and bustle. Bottom line was finding a decent place, at the last minute, for a great price ($115/2 nites), and having a free shuttle to the airport. One can always find something to critizie but all in all, after a month of travels, I would still choose is spot. But, i would urge the hotel to do some updating so their rating could be higher.-

Room Tip: Do not stay in cabana style rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple