“Great hotel!”
Review of Hotel Praga

Hotel Praga
Ranked #310 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 6 days. The first room was small and a bit uncomfortable, but not too bad. On the other 5 days they gave my mother and I a very spacious room, which was a good upgrade from the first one. The room and the bathroom were spotless. A clean bathroom is very important. The staff were courteous and very nice. All of them were friendly, The ones in the cafeteria, the front desk, the gentleman who gave me my suitcase from storage, the ladies from housekeeping. You have a very friendly staff. When I asked for more pillows and blankets, they brought the to my room very quickly. I have nothing but nice things to say. The hotel is close to city center by bus, taxi and METRO. I loved the neighborhood were the hotel was, very quaint. I really enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Praga, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to everyone. Keep up the good work

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Profesora5
Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Although the Praga lacks a grand façade we found it a good base for our trip to Madrid. The room was large and clean with excellent air conditioning. The staff at the desk were helpful, although their English was limited.The free wifi worked very well. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. There is a frequent bus service into the city centre, and the Prado and Reina Sofia museums are not too far away. There were a large variety of tapas bars just up the street, so eating out was easy. The only downside was the large bus groups who check in and out fairly frequently; the trick is to approach the staff when the lobby is relatively empty and get all your queries answered.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ranjan R
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I found this hotel to be very comfortable. It is about 4 blocks from the Marques de Vedillo metro station (which is a straight line to Chueca). The neighborhood was mostly small shops with a supermarket across the street.

The room was very clean with a very large shower/tub combo. The water pressure was great and the tub long enough for a large 5'10 guy to be comfortable.

If you book, get the breakfast which was incredible! The maitre'd gave me a tray to take upstairs to my mom on the day we arrived, because she was going to miss it.

My only downside was that it apparently is heavily tour group oriented and sometimes the front desk gets buried under these groups. This only happened to us once the entire stay, but I imagine it happens more often during the tourist season.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Harry M
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Madrid.

The room was comfortable and clean with a spacious bathroom. Reception staff were somewhat impersonal, they didn't volunteer information, but would tell you if you asked.

There is a bus stop right outside that can take you to central Madrid, but it is also an easy half hour walk.

This hotel seems to cater to large bus tours where dozens and dozens of people, all needing assistance with over-sized suitcases converge on the reception area and clog the lifts and restaurant. If you need help from staff, or want to order food (or even get in and out the door!) at these times you are probably out of luck. This happened at least three times during my short stay.

An adequate hotel and a reasonable price, but you could probably find something with a bit more charm somewhere else.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed at the Praga hotel from 17th - 21st October. The location of the hotel was about 30 mins walk from the plaza Mayor, but there is a bus outside every 10/15mins to take you to the centre of Madrid.

Our room was quiet and spacious, the breakfast was buffet style with great orange juice and coffee! The staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside was the view from our room which overlooked a carpark and a block of apartments BUT the newly created park 2 mins walk from the hotel was lovely to relax in.

I certainly recommend this hotel and it is great value for money.

Room Tip: we requested a top end room and got it. It was quiet and spacious
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fionabrown
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The breakfast room was complete chaos as 400+ rooms full of people all descended on the place at exactly 7AM. This hotel is where tour groups stay and as a result, hundreds are all leaving at the same time (eating at the same time, trying to get on the small elevators at the same time, etc.) We stayed there at the end of our tour and it was not as chaotic. Our sliding glass door to the patio would not lock. The location is not the greatest and we felt it was a bit sleazy. The beds were not very comfortable, street noise was very loud, and a bad night of sleep was the result. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ronald K
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel pre and post Cosmos tour. Before the tour we stayed one night before the tour started and we weren't impressed at all. There were two single beds in the room and they were very small single beds, and it was a very noisy room with water running all night long from pipes that should have been in a service duct. We did go to reception and ask for another room, but none were available. The next morning they did move us to a room with a king bed which was good and quiet this time. The breakfasts were good, buffet style, but very long queue the first morning to actually get your food, due to we presume lots of tour groups all wanting to have breakfast at the same time. After the tour we stayed here again and had a room with a balcony overlooking the main street where the hotel is located. Good location for the hotel, easy walking distance to the main shopping in Madrid. As well as lots of shops around the hotel. There was a safe in the hotel room but you had to pay a deposit to get the key to use the safe. You did get all the deposit back upon checking out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple