“Clean rooms”
Review of Hesperia Madrid

Hesperia Madrid
Ranked #16 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here overnight. The rooms are small but clean.
The staff is excellent and does there best to accommodate.
The breakfast buffet though seemed like it was mire Asian oriented traditional (

I look forward to stay at this hotel again.
I wish there was a pool though

• Stayed: July 2014
Pabl0-Gonzalez, Guest Relations Manager at Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

First, let me show you my sincere gratitude for taking the time in sending us your review through Tripadvisor and for the trust you have placed in our hotel, by choosing it for your recent stay.

Hoping to welcome you for your next stay with us so that I can meet you personally.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We got off to a rocky start at this hotel when, after travelling for 22 hours from Australia, we were told when checking in at about 2.30pm that our rooms would not be available until 6pm due to a grounded plane at the airport (which presumably caused some guests not be able to check out on time, which was very odd!). This wasn't acceptable to us and weren't offered any compensation until we pushed for it at checkout. The rooms were OK. The location is pretty but not close enough to fun parts of town (eg Santiago). Wouldn't go back there.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Pabl0-Gonzalez, Guest Relations Manager at Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to personally thank you, for the trust given to our hotel Hesperia Madrid, by choosing us for your last stay.
With regards to your comments, we have read them carefully and would like to inform you that all the feedback given is the most reliable method of monitoring the service we offer and to improve the issues that need to be developed in order to achieve our guest’s satisfaction and to provide an extraordinary service. This comments will be highly valued for next actions to be implemented. Please receive our most sincere apologies for not having been able to cover your expectations.
We hope you give us a second chance. Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Please feel free to contact me whenever you wish at guestrelations2@hesperia-madrid.com
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Friendly and welcoming staff. Comfortable rooms with all amenities and comfortable beds ensuring a good night's sleep. Lovely bathrooms. We stayed for four nights (two as part of an Insight Vacations tour and two on our own). Not exactly central but we like it that way - enjoyed exploring the local area and discovering some wonderful places nearby. A short taxi ride to the centre if needed. Metro stop nearby, plus bus stops. Would not hesitate to stay again. Loved Madrid. Loved the Hesperia.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jandm63
Pabl0-Gonzalez, Guest Relations Manager at Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

First, let me show you my sincere gratitude for taking the time in sending us your review through Tripadvisor and for the trust you have placed in our hotel.

I really appreciate the excellent comments, that I have shared with our staff. They are the principal of our values, a service characterized by professionalism and continuous effort to satisfy all our customers. I assure you that comments like yours provides with the esteem to continue in our daily effort and it is our commitment to show that we can make you feel surprised and special while staying with us.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Were relocated to the Hesperia which was around the corner from our originally booked NH Abascal as it was undergoing renovations and was not ready in time. Turned out to be a very happy change of accommodations for the 6 nights we were staying in Madrid!! Hotel staff were warm and friendly; facilities were excellent as were the restaurants where we had a daily breakfast buffet and one evening meal at the Japanese themed Hikari Sushi Bar. Our French (!!) waiter was very attentive and helpful in guiding our food choices. For guests with somewhat deeper pockets there is the Michelin 3-starred Santceloni Restaurant at the top of the hotel.
Could not have been happier with our stay and will certainly return if we are in Madrid. We will recommend it

Location is within 3 minutes of a stop [Gregorio Maranon] on Madrid's excellent subway system. For football fans, Real Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu is only two stops away! Because of the comprehensive coverage of the city by it's excellent subway system, very few locations of interest will be more than 15 - 20 minutes away; more often than not, less than that.

We thoroughly enjoyed our 6 days in Madrid, in no small part due to the excellence of our accommodations!

1  Thank Anne B
Pabl0-Gonzalez, Guest Relations Manager at Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Anne,

First, let me show you my sincere gratitude for taking the time in sending us your review through Tripadvisor and for the trust you have placed in our hotel, by choosing it for your stay at Hesperia Madrid Hotel.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great hotel. All the amenities of a 5 star hotel, plus extremely attentive service from staff. We have gotten to realize with extensive travel that bedding is so important to being able to enjoy a stay at any hotel regardless of its rating. Not only were the mattresses great but the selection of different types of pillows is an extra touch that you do not find often. Breakfast at 30 euros per person is a bit over the top , but we found a wonderful fresh bakery, BAM, right around the corner that had great coffee and pastries. Family run we became such regulars after a week that my ensaimada was delivered promptly each morning upon our arrival. The hotel location on Castellana was extremely convenient to both bus and metro. Close to the Salamanca neighborhood if you want to explore all of Madrid, not just the usual touristic sights, there is nothing wrong with this location. Our week's stay was most enjoyable.

1  Thank monosabio
Pabl0-Gonzalez, Guest Relations Manager at Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to share your delighting experience at the Hotel Hesperia Madrid. As a five star Luxury Hotel it is our mission to exceed our guest’s expectations and satisfaction.

Be assured that we will keep our team motivated in order to foster continuous improvements and excellence.

I would like to thank you for your inspiring remarks, and look forward to welcoming you back in the Hotel Hesperia Madrid in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

One of the important things after a long or short travel will be the welcome.
The front desk employee give us a warm welcome and some upgrade options.

It's indeed a 5* Hotel ,the lobby as the rest of the Hotel is very beautifull.
We have a wonderfull room and I have been in a lot off Hotels around the world but a pillow menu was new for me.
Valeria Canosa of the guest service is a very helpfull friendly lady.
In my opinion mini bar and buffet prices are to high but there are many options outside.

We stayed at the hotel for 1 week and I'll say well done Hesperia Madrid.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank searcherNetherlands
Pabl0-Gonzalez, Guest Relations Manager at Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Reviewed 9 June 2014

From the moment we walked in we were delighted with this hotel; our room was amazing; elegant and extremely comfortable. We didn't want to leave it! The first night we did go downstairs and had a wonderful dinner; we were so tired and it was just what we needed!
The breakfast buffet the next morning was unbelievable; everything you could ever imagine; wanted to taste everything!!
The staff was professional, friendly and always ready to help. Want to especially commend the lovely Valeria Canosa in Guest Relations who went out of her way to make it the most perfect stay!!

1  Thank Little Leon
Pabl0-Gonzalez, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

To honor your comments, I have proudly shared them with my team during our last operational meeting. I have also placed a copy on our internal information board. Such an outstanding feedback is an additional motor to our property.