“Everything a top hotel should be- a first-class hotel that treats every guests in a first-class manner.”
Review of Hesperia Madrid

Hesperia Madrid
Ranked #15 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Washington, DC
Reviewed 2 April 2010

The Hesperia falls into my absolute favorite category of hotels: the top-of-the line hotel that treats every guest- regardless of what they paid, what they look like upon check-in, or how long they're staying- in a top-of-the-line manner. I traveled on business and booked at a very low rate but never felt for a moment that I wasn't receiving the hotel's best possible service. Early check-in was no problem, and I was upgraded from a regular room to a junior suite without asking. Room was fantastic; comfortable and spacious, with a large sitting area and a terrific bathroom. The bed was on a slightly raised platform- a half step up from the rest of the room- but a tiny row of lights around the platform, visible only when one got up, prevented tripping and ensured that the raised bed was an endearing quirk.

Service was perfect. I had one bag with me, and while I had no doubt that had I given any signal that I needed help it would have been forthcoming immediately, I was not swarmed by bellhops (a pet peeve of mine). The buffet breakfast, included in my room price, was wonderful. Free wifi worked very well. Great location, with plenty of sights within walking distance and instant subway access for those that weren't.

I'd recommend the Hesperia to anyone without hesitation, and I'd especially recommend it to business travelers and budget-conscious leisure travelers looking for first-class treatment regardless of how they booked or what they paid. The Hesperia makes every guest feel welcome and is a perfect choice for Madrid visitors.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank DougCG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 19 March 2010

I think between the best hotel that I visited: all comfort, chocolate, beauty case, kindless and luxe is garanted

Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank petra66
London
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Great location, comfortable and plenty of nearby public transport, easy for central Madrid, Bernabeu and airport but more importantly superb staff. We had a problem via our online travel agent booking but Hotel Hesperia staff sorted it out for us perfectly and we will always be grateful to DANIEL BRINON in reservations for doing this. He is a perfect example of Hesperia's attitude to guest relations ie fantastic. If you go to Madrid don't book anywhere else but the Hesperia - they look after you. Rooms, breakfast etc all great as well. Enjoy.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank London8910
Portugal
Reviewed 8 March 2010

This is a 5 star hotel located in the center of Madrid with very good access to the major spots to visit Madrid. Staff is kind, rooms are clean altough not very spacious and a very nice breakfast waits for you every morning. Oh, and if you like to relax a little bit more in the morning they serve breakfast till 1100h AM. Nice!!
All in all could be a great hotel, but....
But unfortunately there it was: The horrendous fire alarm of the 3rd floor that buzzes 3 or 4 times every night for EVERY of the 3 nights that we were there. It would buzz (only) for about 5 to 10 seconds, but my friends I can assure you that 5 seconds of that sound around 4am can almost make your feel the sensation of what would be an heart attack experience!
Despite we called reception several times to check if everything ok (on the positive side, there was no fire at all), they simply did nothing to try to solve the alarm malfunctioning during our entire stay.
This is something that I consider unacceptable for any hotel and even less for a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 March 2010

This is a hotel for business travellers, rooms are nicely decorated, very quiet and well equiped. Staff is very professional, polite and helpful. If your rate includes the breakfast you'll really enjoy it!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank I_tell_you
uk
Reviewed 23 February 2010

We had excellent value for our money as we booked through expedia about 9 months in advance so it was very reasonable. Fantastic service from the day we booked. Friendly helpful staff,especially the guest relations officer who arranged tickets for the big match with no problem. Rooms lovely, breakfast fantastic. When the room next door decided to party until 5am and we complained , we were upgraded . My husband is learning Spanish and everyone, without exception, encouraged him to try and were very patient.
Location - at first we thought a little outside of things but with the metro on the doorstep there was no problem. Once we had our bearings we realised the centre was a scenic 30 -40 mins walk, well worth it.
Recommend mamma Mias Italian restauarant within 5 mins walk of the hotel as cheap but excellent food and service. Best authentic eating was at Mercado St Miguel, just past the Plaza Mayor. Tapas heaven- very busy at lunchtime. It was raining when we went to Plaza St Ana, just below Sol, but the bars and restaurants looked great and you could easily imagine sitting in the sunshine with wine and tapas, watching the world go by... we want to go back again very soon

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank organiser
UK
Reviewed 7 February 2010

Stayed here for two nights and due to reviews I was expecting 5* all around. Unfortunately, that was not my experience. I use hotels a lot and I see myself as a pretty reasonable guest, who does not really want much apart from friendly/helpful staff, clean and comfortable room with somewhere you can get a reasonable meal.

On the first night I arrived around 1930, and the front desk staff were very surly and unhelpful with an inappropriate attitude. I arrived in my room to find there is no coffee/tea facilities which I felt were poor for a hotel of this standing. Having dropped my bags off, as I was told in reception and from the hotel information that the restaurant opened at 2000, I went down for some food. When I got there and sat down I was told by another surly waitress that the restaurant was not open until 2100 and I would have to leave! The menu was very poor and unattractive for a hotel of this standing; maybe they left it all for the Michelin star restaurant!!

Came back to my room and ordered room service to be told I would have to wait an hour! So I went to bed and dreamed of food instead.

When I came to check out I wanted to check into my flight and print off my boarding card. The business area only had two PC's and one was being used by some lady updating her "facebook" so I could not get on and the other unit was broken. Went to reception to ask them if I could use their computer in the office to check in and print off the BC, however, the little “jobs worth” of the head of front desk would not let the young lady do it for me, although she more than willing to help.

Over all, the room was comfortable but the staff and reception was appalling. I had the feeling that I was there to help them rather than the other way around. The hotel is expensive for what you get and again you have to pay for internet!

Would not stay here again through choice.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business