Don't make the mistake, as we did, of thinking "great, there's a spa, we'll spend a few hours in there relaxing". Dingey, dark pool area. Very small pool. Two loungers. Locker room similar to public baths, with similar smell. Questionable jacuzzi bath, shabby steam room. We didnt go in the sauna. The guy who was working in there came to sit beside us while we were on the loungers and proceeded to start eating a baguette, then told us off for not showering immediately after the steamroom. By then, we had decided to leave. We stayed for about 20 mins. So not relaxing, so not a 'spa'.We complained and were told that the 'spa' is run by a different company to the hotel. But they did give us our €15 back.
Apart from that. Great location. Room small but nice and clean. Lobby and bar sparkly. Breakfast room dated but buffet good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa