We stayed at the Melia Princesa on our first visit to Madrid. We had a standard room on the 9th floor of the hotel. The room is not large but it is very comfortable and clean. The fixtures in the whole hotel are quite modern looking. Wifi was included--made staying in touch with family back home easy! We upgraded to The Level service...although we used it to have refreshments during the day, I'm not sure it is worth the 60euros per day that it cost. The breakfast buffet was quite expansive and fresh. The gym suited our needs the 1-2 times we worked out in our 4 day stay...although the treadmill was broken. The hotel is convenient located with a Metro Stop located nearly right at the end of the street on Calle de la Princesa. It is also a 5-7 minute walk to Plaza de España and the Palacio Real. To get to Parque de Retiro, Mercado de San Miguel, and Plaza del Sol was a bit farther but certainly doable with comfortable shoes!
We would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Priceline, Booking.com, Prestigia, Lastminute and TravelUp so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa