Smallish standard rooms at 25 sqm. (Not as small as some hotels I've stayed in in New York City, though.) I could move around but not much. I like the motion sensor that turns on the light in closet as well as those that turn on the lights in the hallways. The bathroom was fine. The two double sinks, the glass door between the sink and the rainshower are nice touches. (The operation of the faucets can be a bit confusing. You have to pull up. Turning them left to right does not work.) I could do without the kaleidoscope of changing colors in the bed side desks. (At least you can turn them off.) I could likewise do with more illumination from the desk lamp and the bedside reading lamps. While the aforesaid lights may be modern and trendy, they're not exactly practical. Have I mentioned that the entire hotel was renovated in 2008?
One small nitpick about house keeping. I arrived back in my room one night to find a cleaning rag left on the bathroom countertop. Mistakes do happen but still....
Average breakfast. Definitely not great, as the variety is limited and the offerings do not change from day to day. That having been said, I especially liked the donuts (pretty close to Krispy Kreme in taste) and the fruits in the shot glasses. They have churros on offer but you have to order the chocolate separately.
Location was good. Right beside the Ventura Rodriguez Metro Station and a short walk to Plaza Espana and the Temple of Debod. There are also a variety of eating places (form McDonalds to more elaborate restaurants) around the hotel, not to mention the El Corte Ingles up the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa