“One of the best locations near the airport”

Pullman Madrid Airport & Feria
Ranked #98 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Mission Viejo, California
“One of the best locations near the airport”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I connect through the Madrid Barajas Airport often. This airport is a wasteland for easy access hotels. I think it was built to support the taxi business. The taxis are expensive and the drivers are always lost if you give them a hotel name. The shuttle system is inefficient and slow with most hotels if it exists at all. I prefer the metro. This hotel is just 1 stop from T1-3 or 3 stops from T4. About 10 minutes. The hotel is minutes away from the stop and easy to see when you exit. I think its is an excellent choice for an overnight near the airport or business in the area. No time to checkout the restaurants. The neighborhood surrounding the Hotel and "Feria" is new. It seems to be safe and quiet, perhaps a little too quiet for some. If you are looking for a selection of shopping, restaurants, or night life, I don't think you'll find it here.

Room Tip: All rooms are probably equal.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I chose this hotel as it's a reasonable price for a weekend stay- modern, comfortable bed but the breakfast was by far the best thing about this hotel. So many choices - sweet, savoury, international and traditional- Nespresso machine with capsules... all you can ask for. Shame the bar doesn't stay open longer and the service isn't very friendly. Would recommend this hotel for the amenities and food, however if you are looking for a centrally located hotel this is not the one for you.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lwarbie
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed for one night in the Pullman Madrid Airport & Feria during a layover. It is an attractive and efficient business class hotel that is similar to the W Hotels in the US: modern style with very good execution. The room was generous in size and had good quality furniture. The bed was very comfortable. The shower was an unnecessarily complex six-headed beast but was a pleasant diversion. The entire room was very clean and very quiet. I never heard any noise from the outside world.

The free shuttle service was an important plus and operates every 30 minutes on schedule. I got a prepaid rate that include the morning breakfast buffet for an extra eight euros; this was well worth the modest cost. The buffet offered a good range of pastries, fruit, meat, egg dishes (yummy spanish omelette!), cereals, and juices.

I also had dinner the evening before in the bar area. Mostly standard business hotel menu and prices, but higher than usual quality. There were some interesting local dishes on the menu, such as the whole grilled shrimp that I got (yummy, but what a mess!).

I understand that the metro station to Madrid is nearby, but I did not have time to take advantage of that option.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank MichaelMN
London
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Wow! The beds, pillows and bedlinen are the best ever. It was a shame not to be able to spend the whole day snuggled up.

Good hotel, clean, modern, convenient, efficient close to airport and exhibition halls. Free airport shuttle and 100yds from metro station. Rooms were well appointed, large moden bathroom.

Just how hotels should be...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Tripper21
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I traveled to Madrid for his business trip. We came a few days early and stayed at another hotel in center city, then moved out to this hotel. When we checked in, the guy at the front desk told us that breakfast was included in our room. The next morning, when we arrived at breakfast, the hostess told us that only one breakfast was included and we'd have to pay nearly $25USD for the other breakfast. Reluctantly, we paid the money since there is very little around the hotel. The breakfast was fine, but not $25USD worth. I'm not a very big person, and I shouldn't be much of a threat to a buffet proprietor, so I felt like they should have just let me eat some of the fruit and torta and call it a day. It would have been good customer service just to let me eat breakfast without this outlandish charge. I did not feel like a valued guest so I took my money elsewhere for my remained breakfasts.

You might be asking yourself, where did she go for breakfast? The answer is far, far away. Why? Because there's really nothing around the hotel. The second morning of our stay, I slept in and, famished from a long night of sleep, went looking for breakfast. I walked, and walked, and walked some more. I stopped into a couple of restaurants about a 10-15 walk away, but none of them served breakfast. As I was about to loop back around and go slumming at Micky D's, I found a cute little cafe and got my cafe con leche and croissant for less the 4 Euros. (Sticking tongue out at the hotel).

The rooms are nice and the metro in convenient. It's a fine hotel to stay in for a meeting or an event at the convention center, but for a vacation stay closer to center city.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business